The Lupus Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One of the uses of epsom salts listed is "for relief of minor sprains." What are sprains if not swollen joints? I have discovered that bathing with epsom salts helps a lot, when the joint pain is moderate. (Not much helps when it's miserable.)

Also... They make epsom salts infused with lavender, and I've been combining these with a bit of menthol/eucalyptus vapor bath intended for babies with colds... And it makes a fabulous bed time bath.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Hi Wane - I got some after we'd chatted. My hubby got a big bag full in Wallgreens ;). I found it helpful too, so thanks again for the tip. Just a note of caution, highly sented eucalyptus type oils and menthol can be stimulating to the brain and can cause some people to stay awake :eek: However eucalyptus is a very good oil for muscular aches and pains (as well as an excellent inhalent for the upper respiratory tract) :hehe: So Im not surprised it helped - sorry to prattle on but also dont use too much, it can be sensitising and cause some itching and menthol may burn. :(

How much epsom salts per bath do you use? If I were to take notice of the instructions I'd be pouring kilos in the bath and wading through :rotfl:

Happy bath days and thanks again:)

K

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
I usually throw a handful in the bath tub. I think I read it on the bag once. Seemed good to me. :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.