The Lupus Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Administrator
10,211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The infusion nurse from my rheumy's office called last week to say she found a source for Evusheld to help prevent Covid. We had to drive 2 hours to one of the large University hospitals. Getting up at 3 AM wasn't fun but if it works it was worth it. I didn't have any side effects and neither did the others waiting for the hour of observation before you could leave. Not many immunocompromised people were in the study so I still plan on taking precautions but it is nice to get out after 2 years of being in a bubble. Has anyone else tried it?

Take care,
Lazylegs

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi there,
I came across this thread in a desperate attempt to hopefully find Evusheld in Ontario for my daughter who is immunocompromised along with other multiple chronic conditions. Currently the province has a very specific list which leaves out so many people who are at risk for severe complications. Unfortunately if I cannot find anyone, we will have to go to the USA for care which I am hoping to avoid for many reasons. I would appreciate any guidance you could offer. Thanks in advance and take care. Kate

·
Administrator
10,211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi Kate,

The trend here in the US has been the bulk of the doses of Evusheld can be found at the University hospitals. The infusion nurse at my rheumy's office caledl all over and most other hospitals were not releasing any doses unless you were their patient. Even their own patients were having trouble because they were holding them back for second doses for those already receiving them.

My own daughter lives in a rural area and can't find any. She sees my doctor but the doctor is only writing prescriptions for patients taking those medications that have been shown to leave you with little to no antibodies after the Covid shot.

Since it is still considered investigational it can not be released for sale unless a pharmacy is taking part in the government program in the US. I don't know how it works in your area. I hope you are able to find some.

Take care,
Lazylegs

1 - 9 of 9 Posts