The Lupus Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
My name is Layla and I live in Texas, US. I have 2 great kids, 6 and 2 years old, and have a very supportive husband. I was diagnosed in 2005 and have been in "remission" since the summer of 2006.

I have been lurking around the forums on this site for several days. It has been nice to read the comments and quite a bit reassuring to find such caring and helpful people. Unfortunately, what has lead me here to lurk is the possibility of a flare....

I'm looking forward to getting input from your past experiences. Sometimes you feel like there is no one around you that can fully understand!

Layla

·
Registered
7,800 Posts
Hi Layla :lol: that sounds terribly sinister being a lurker - hahaha. No seriously, I'm glad you have finally plucked up the courage to write a post but sorry to hear that you may have a flare coing on. Is there a reason that you can identify for it, or is it just one of those things?

It is very important to be able to talk about what's going on when things are going less well and I love being able to come here and not burden my family with every little thing.

As you have seen this site is a great place full of supportive, caring people.
I hope you enjoy not lurking any more :)

Katharine

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for the welcome! I really am quite a sinister person... no, not really! I am having some issues but I probably should visit the symptoms area for that! I'll post there regarding the possible flare.

I'm looking forward to having a place to vent and also learn. You're right about not wanting to burden my family. It will be so nice to have a place to go for support!

Layla

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
WELCOME Layla

Dear layla

first of all i really want to welcome you to the lupus sight and i am so glad that you decided to join us here.there is so much ifnormation on here as you already know and lots of caring wonderful people in here to support you and to listen to you.There is a chat room also to go for support and to vent also.So look forward to hearing more from you in the future.

Tammy:)

·
Registered
250 Posts
I KNEW someone was watching.....and everbody just thought I was paranoid!:)

Sorry to hear you may be flareing, but you've found a great place...WELCOME!

Eric

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
Hi Layla,
:welcome: :shake: Nice to meet you! I know, you will meet lots of wonderful people here on the site. Everyone, is so helpful and supportive..You, will make some great friends too..

Love,
Sandy

1 - 7 of 7 Posts