The Lupus Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I hope everyone is doing ok. I'm not right now. I have been struggling for a month or more now but today it's on a whole new level. I won't be out of bed today. My question is about stress. We all know negative stress is very bad for us. But what have you noticed about positive stress? I got very good news yesterday, the kind that makes you happy dance and call your freinds and family. ( I'll tell you it was about trees. I was sold 30 acres of just trees. Trees mean allot to me and my family. We live in a country setting about 10 minutes either way from town. The towns are sprawling and the trees are disappearing. Yesterday I was able to rescue 30 acres of hardwood from development. That's my good news) So I was litterally danceing around and so happy and then I went for a walk with my dog through those trees, it was and is an overwhelming joy for me to see forest and hear the wind in the tree tops. That's me. At one point I felt that little "click" inside. For me it's like a light switch that tells me "too much already". Now today I am ill enough that I could care less (sort of) about trees. Anybody ever notice negative effects of positive energy? Thanks Sandra

·
Registered
4,444 Posts
Not so much... but I have noticed that overdoing on anything can send me into a flare. I wonder if you walked too much yesterday through those lovely trees since you were on a bit of a natural high at the time?

Although I have read that good and bad stress is still stressful and both add to your stress score (were you to take a test). Bad stress counts for more. I have not really had a big "good stress" event happen to me recently so it hasn't been tested in me either.

Oh, and congrats on your trees. :) That is good news and I think that you are likely to come out of this flare up rather quickly too (I certainly hope so and really do believe that will be the case under the circumstances!).

·
Premium Member
7,567 Posts
Hi, I am pleased for you about your trees. I have to agree with Maia and wonder if you overdid it, because you were on such a high. I would imagine it was worth it though, to experience such a lovely moment. Rest up!!

Deb x

·
Registered
257 Posts
Hey, Tuffy, sorry that you are feeling bad. I do not have an answer to your question, but I wanted to jump in as a fellow tree-hugger.

Not only did you save those beautiful trees, but you saved many squirrels, birds, bees, and insects. You are my hero! :more:

1tiredmama

·
Registered
118 Posts
Hi Tuffy, I do agree that you may have over did it. I know that I do that often especially having 4 boys. :eek: I also wanted to commend you on your trees. That is awesome! :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.