The Lupus Forum banner

Extreme hot weather next week - UK Members

425 views 13 replies 13 participants last post by  Clare.T 
#1 ·
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/8121410.stm

Just thought I'd post this heads up, I guess like most of you here, for me these temps are playing havoc with my SLE. But worse the humidity, I am really struggling.

I love the sunshine, and now dare not even step out in, as it would seem I have also become very photosensitive.

Take extra care everyone.

#2 ·
i know its so warm, i sit in the lounge coolest place in my house and my bedroom of course,;) was up most of the night last night,

feel sorry for them that do have hot weather all time, its plays with my body thisheat does, xx

#3 ·
I am melting....! I am living behind closed curtains!:worried:

good excuse for ice crem though....Mr whippy 99s yum!:)

take care and keep cool
Rachel

#4 ·
Oh yes it's sooooo yuk this humidity!
I've just been down to homebase and they've sold all their air conditioners!! And people were still coming in trying to buy them! Luckily I had got one before the rush!

I find my lupus hates the hot weather so much! Everything aches and swells up, my eyesight goes funny and I suffer migraines more! Grrrrr!!

Hope everyone can get out of the heat and drink lots of fluids- not tea coffee or alcohol though, has to water, squab, fruit juice etc,

Take care all
Cathy x

#10 ·
We have been having miserable weather here too. High temps, high dew points, high humidity.:eek: It finally brewed a terrible storm here last week.:(

We had straight line winds come in and take trees down, huge limbs and branches. It took several grain bins down in the area too. We spent from Tues. to Sat. cleaning up the mess.

This weather makes me hurt and my fingers swell up too. I close all the curtains on the south side of the house during the day. Thank goodness for air conditions!

Try to stay cool everyone.
Lyn

#12 ·
hi all

i would just like to add that the weather is not going to cool down this summer in the uk its only going to get hotter omg its 29degrees in my house got fans on all over the house but not cooling down and i have,nt got air con (i wished i did have though)soaking my feet in cooled water trying to get the swelling down.

floppy hats out side people and lots of sunblock
take care all

donna

#13 ·
29 degrees here is very cold.:lol::lol::lol:

In the UK it is obviously very hot and you don't have air, oh my!!!:eek::eek::eek:

It is a good idea to soak the feet in cold water to help keep your temps down.

Gosh I feel for all of you dealing with the high temps, especially without air.

I think Europeans do not use air much, isn't that right???

#14 ·
I blame wimbledon - if they hadn't built that roof for centre court you can guarantee it would be cold and raining...
:rotfl:

It's blissfully cooler today! :hehe: I am so glad we have an east/west facing appartment so there's always one side cooler. We get by OK with fans and blinds down and curtains shut

Actually my sinuses are heaps better than they were in NYC when the vast differences between AC temperatures and the outside temperature were far greater. The other big difference is that it is relatively not humid. I was chatting with someone in Texas the other day and London humidity at 65% was the same as there. The real killer for me is something like 90F and 90% humidity.

I noticed that the players were using icepacks and their cold drink bottles for a quick cool down.

I am so looking forward to the finals, especially the men's.

:)

Clare

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.