TheLupusSite.com banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello!

I've been having pain in one of my eyes, like a sort of heavy tired ache behind the eye, and it's just not going away. It's bad as soon as I wake up, and seems to be worse when I move my eye. I've been having more eye area headaches in the last few weeks but this is really making things difficult. My vision is fine although I seem to have to work harder to focus.

Is this just a lupus headache or just any old headache or something to do with my eyes do you think? Should I get an eye test (last one was last year and fine) or go to GP? I'm on plaquenil and celebrex at the moment.

Thank you for advice, I find it so hard to distinguish between relevant pain and just get-on-with-it pain!

xHatty

·
Registered
3,854 Posts
Hi there

I think that if it has hung around for a while they you should get it checked out by a doctor. I had AWFUL eye pain for a few weeks, which turned out to be a sinus infection that needed antibiotics.

So, if you have had it a while, get it checked out.

hth

raglet

·
Registered
4,369 Posts
Hatty,

I agree with Raglet, best to get it checked out!

Let us know how it turns out!

Hugs,

Lesley

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you for your support!
It's not a sinus infection as I too have had that and it was very different. I was wondering whether there was some link to Plaquenil - isn't there some connection with eyes. And i know there's a classic 'lupus headache', but I've never had headaches so I don't know what it involves!

xHatty

1 - 4 of 4 Posts