TheLupusSite.com banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Don't know if this is a Lupus symptom, or just another celiac symptom. My eyes are swelling shut.

I will look good going to my step-daughters wedding with my eyes swelled shut.

Hugs

Gerri

·
Registered
4,444 Posts
Not sure if it's lupus or not... for me when that happened it was a staph infection. For other people it can be a sign of allergy attack. Hopefully you can find some temporary remedies to improve the swelling for that day at least. This is something I would definitely see your GP for to see if anything can and should be done though.

·
Registered
710 Posts
Hi,

Was in ER last Friday for 1 eye sweled shut and half of face turned red. Look like I was i a major fight and lost. Just found paper work tonight. DX was facial Cellulitis. Been investigating on net. Best I could find was staph infection. People with autimmune disorders more prone to it. I was always told reaction to pine needles. Really don't know what to beleive. See doc on Tuesday. Swelling is now down. Was on steriods as before and now on antibodic. Eye ball is still sore.

Again info all over the place. I am going to post it and see if anyone has had problems with it. Hope you feel better and just allergies.

Elaine

·
Registered
3,854 Posts
Reminds me of my BIL going to his OWN wedding with his eyes swollen up, looking like he had been in a bar room brawl. He hadn't, he had spent the day before helping my partner scrub off the bottom of the boat. He proved to be allergic to the antifouling paint - great time to find that out ! Most of the wedding pictures have him with dark glasses on.

Hope you feel better soon

raglet

1 - 4 of 4 Posts