TheLupusSite.com banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's everybodys favorite face lotion? I have been trying several and they all seem to not agree with my discoid lupus.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I have discoid lesions on my face as well as very sun damaged skin (not because I've been a sunworshipper, but because of SCLE) and use diprobase which I get on prescription as my skin gets so dry.

It's very, very greasy so I put it on when I get home in the evenings to allow it to soak in. It works well for me and my skin has definitely improved since I started using it a year ago.

Sammy

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My face isn't terribly dry, but it has certainly lost it's softness with the discoid. It would have to have some spf and be ok under makeup.

Thanks!

·
Registered
14,661 Posts
I suggest focusing on the night care as well. My favourite skin care product range is Eucerin who also do a red skin range with an excellent cleansing cream, which isn't available in the UK although a couple of items from that range are. You are unlikely to find a day product with sufficient UV protection both UVA and UVB - the SPF refers only to UVB. I use my sun screen as foundation for my makeup. The sunscreen goes on first. I can't do with another product on top of that.

http://www.eucerinus.com/products.html

Good Luck
Clare

1 - 5 of 5 Posts