The Lupus Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
face goes so hot and red when stressed,embarrassed,and from being outside do u have this.

so hot makes me feel sicky tried cold flannel to cool it down helps bit,auqeous cream helps bit.
flaky bits behind 1 ear only.

face is hot most of time and then flares to high heat.
use to just be the hot flush u mention but now its red when i wake up,red when go to bed,knee pain kept me up half night so used painkillers regular today aiming for better night tonight.
countrylass:hehe:

·
Registered
212 Posts
My face goes bright red and hot like you wouldn't believe. My cheeks in particular. I keep a water spray in my handbag to spritz as sometimes I feel like I have chronic sunburn.

·
11,409 Posts
Hi,

You can count me in on this problem too.

I get a weird feeling then my face gets very red and hot. Then sweat just runs down my face, my hair gets wet. It is an awful feeling.:(
They come at weird times.

There is a plus though. When I am very cold at times, I get a hot flash and it warms me up.:p At least it is useful then, but very miserable other times.

Take care,
Lyn

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi
thanks for replies.
yes i feel cold for no reason shiver in fact hubby will say but house is hot?
then its oposite so hot carnt cool down.
countrylass

·
Administrator
7,566 Posts
Hi, I have this problem. I have just bought myself a cooling spray as it is so uncomfortable. The only good thing is that it is now cooler so I hope it wont be as uncomfortable.

How are you Mel? I hope that you are coping and not too ill. Is it Nov that you go back to your rheumy? Have been thinking of you.

Take care

Deb x

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hello Debbie nice to hear from u
Yes November 7 th i go back,not great alot pain inflammation knees,arms,etc.
face did die down then flared again lol.
just ahd ra bloods done and called to make appointment and said oh u need to speak with doctor re sept bloods not right.(course they cartn say what ,so a tad concerned).
ive been avoiding going doctors silly me.
my mum scared **** out of me told em see atricle in sudnays mail,end bit fine but talks about lady died from lupus.
ended up watchin u tube videos about lupus[not recomended for those scared easily.tears about that.]
hubby told me u dont know yet so dont watch them.

got letetr been given tiny diagnosis of photo sensitive rash facial,nack.long standing inflammation possible joint erosion hands,feet.

so all in all could be emtionally brighter.

hope u ok hug melly

·
Administrator
7,566 Posts
(((( Mel )))) :hug:

Searching the internet about lupus is ill advised. Some people do get very severe lupus and serious complications. However most people are on meds and living normal everyday lives. The important thing to remember is that you are being tested and that you are already on treatment. Okay you are not totally under control, but that will come with time. You are in good hands.

I hope the appt with the docs goes well. You have been under so much stress lately, I am not suprised you are flaring. Maybe you could ask the doc for some pred to tide you over?

Not long till Nov now, let me know how you get on with the docs.

Hugs

Deb x

1 - 7 of 7 Posts