TheLupusSite.com banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone

I was diagnosed with SLE about 2 1/2 months ago and have been on Planequil for nearly 2 months. I'm also on Mobec and amytriptelene at night.

In the last two weeks I've developed headaches which are there pretty much all the time, I even wake with them. I've also noticed that my face is really, really tender everywhere apart from the bottom of my chin and also my scalp. It is particularly bad across my forehead and the top of my nosebone and also around my jaw joint :(

Has anyone else experienced this and do you have any advice? I'd really appreciate it as it's getting me down a bit. I'm seeing my rheumy in about 2 weeks so I'll talk to him about to it then.

Thanks very much
Meriel :wink2:

·
Registered
7,800 Posts
Hello Meriel,

Daily headaches are extremely distressing and, of course painful.

There could be a number of reasons including a sinus infection - we have sinus cavities in the most unbelievable places. You can have an infection without actually having a specially runny or blocked nose. It could be caused by nerve pain...it could be a reaction to one of your meds (though I think that is the least likely).

The thing I'm wondering here is if you should really wait as long as two weeks or if you shouldn't go and see your GP beforehand.

sorry I can't help more,

hugs :hug:
Katharine

·
Registered
4,369 Posts
Meriel,

I wouldnt wait for that Rhuemi appt - go to the GP for a check-up!

It could be something as simple as a sinus infection that can be treated very simply!

Take care,

Hugs!

Lesley

·
Registered
3,854 Posts
Sinus infections always give me horrible face pain - but I am sure there are other reasons too.

Sounds like you need to make an appointment with your gp, if you do have an infection 2 weeks is a long time to wait.

feel better soon

raglet

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you

Thanks very much for the advice. It seems to be a bit better today but I'm still going to see my GP this week.

Best wishes,
Meriel

1 - 5 of 5 Posts