TheLupusSite.com banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi my name is carol , I have over the last 7 years dipped in hear. I am still not diagnosed . But am a little bit closer.
The sun came out this week and so did my face.
Can you tell me with the rash does your face seem puffed up. Mine looks very puffed up first thing in the morning, and i get a swelling under one eye that goes as the day goes on , but is back next morning.
I went straight to the doc with it . as it started just as it did 7 yeasr ago. red round the nose and by the next morning all over my nose and checks. My doc was away saw an african lady who said it looked like lupus to her. she is sending me to rhuemy because of the pain in my muscle . so maybe this time i might get somwere.
hi to everyone. thanks for reading this

·
Registered
7,800 Posts
Welcome back :)

I hope your rheumy appointment goes well. If we can be of any help or answer any questions don't hesitate :)

Katharine

PS - My rash (when it is very bad) is raised and angry looking but I wouldn't say puffed up and it is confined to the rash area not the whole face. Rashes are very difficult to identify and only an experienced rheumatologist/dermy will want to say whether it is/isn't a malar rash. Even then they do seem to disagree.

·
Registered
2,404 Posts
Hello Carol, I am sorry you have been uncomfortable for so long. Lupus rashes can be odd, sometimes my face used to puff up but only on one side.
I hope you get some answers soon.
First time you and I have "met" I believe. I am interested to know what sort of Art you do? I am trying to be good at something Arty but it is really not my thing! Don't know whether to blame hands or brain!
x Lola

·
11,405 Posts
Hi Carol.

Welcome back.:)
The one thing that I can add is. Take pictures of your rash and take them to the rhumey appointment. Don't be surprised if the doc wants to keep them.

I think it was only once that my rash stayed for the rhumey appointment.:rolleyes: Also right down when they appeared and how long they lasted.

Hope you find answers soon.

Lyn

·
The Other Illinois Tammy
1,193 Posts
Carol,
Good luck with the rhuemy and it will be ok they will find and answer for you. I would like to offer some advice if you don't mind. Stay with it and keep going back even if it goes away please. It happened and it has happened before so there is a reason for it they just need to find out what it is. I know it has been a long wait for you but this maybe the one that has all of your answers you have been looking for to what is going on.

·
Registered
2,374 Posts
Wishing you all the best with your appointment, good to hear the doctor took notice and is refering you

Sheila x

1 - 7 of 7 Posts