The Lupus Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am in the process of testing and diagnosis. I have noticed a few posts regarding facial flushing. Can someone who experiences this tell me what it does to them? I have had this happen on and off for over a year, around the time other things started. Just making sure it is the same thing. I hear mostly about rashes and can get the malar rash after being in the sun sometimes. The flushing is different.
Thanks so much!!!
Lorelei

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
Howdy Lorilei,
If flushing is a redness (and sometimes hot sensation with it) like a healthy glow on a normal Caucasian face but which makes me look like a Photoshopped racoon and signals that soon I will feel like pain-wracked roadkill then I guess I got it.:lol:
What I hate about it is that if anyone says I am looking "healthy" I darn near panic, knowing what the next few hours or the next day will bring.
Good luck with it.
Douglas+

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Douglas,
That is it. A hot feeling on my face, then it is red-the cheeks-. I thought it was a hot flash, but I started them when I was only 39 and was told that isn't quite how they work! I don't get hot all over, sweat and all of that. The flushing and heat is only in the face. I get warmth in my feet too especially when they swell.
THANKS!
Lorelei

·
Registered
995 Posts
when people say I look healthy with nice rosy cheeks I what to run home and sleep or hide, it means the beginning of a flare, if I don't rest right away
I normally can feel it, like my face is on fire.
that is my sign to stop what I am doing a take a few days off.
also the sun can cause the same affect ,
listen to your body, it is telling you something

hugs
goats

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.