The Lupus Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, here is an odd question for everyone. Normally I have problems getting to sleep and then of course staying to sleep. I have tried numerous sleepng pills to the point, i gave up. Basically my days and nights got mixed up HOWEVER, for the most part I am back on a regular routine.......somehow. My problem now is that I periodically just fall asleep. I can be doing one thing and either not feel tired or feel tired but nothing abnormal. I also will wake up nornally an hour or so later and feel totally disoriented. I do not understand what is going on and feel like something is wrong, but I am afraid that if I go to the doc with this question that A) They will think I am "nuts" or B) that I am overdosing on my medications. I have been keeping track of my meds and from what I have monitored, its not meds. Now this normally happens at night, however, I can be some place and get extremely tired thru the day and almost fall asleep.

Ughhhhh, maybe I am losing it. I don't know,
Nancy

·
Registered
59 Posts
If you are using it, then so am I...

This has become a common thing for me, and my husband and I have termed it "the Sleepies". It doesn't seem to relate to me doing anything in particular or any set of circumstances...sometimes I will just suddenly get really tired, and promptly fall asleep. My poor husband has pointed out my very special talent of being able to fall completely asleep with a full cup of tea in my hands and not spill it...I think i have trained myself, but he finds it amusing, none the less!

Would be interesting who else gets this...when the fog comes down and the only priority iszzzzzzzz.......

·
Registered
328 Posts
I get extreme fatigue very suddenly as well, and could fall asleep standing up. I can be feeling pretty good, and suddenly get very tired, and I've learned to listen to my body. If I'm able too, I go lay down and nap for an hour when this happens. I even found this happening when I was working, suddenly at my desk my head is dropping threatening to fall asleep at my desk!!

I never had this happen to me before I wound up with Lupus. This sudden, and extreme fatigue is a huge symptom for me that I haven't been able to beat.

I think alot of us suffer from this.

Karin ZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzz

·
Registered
40 Posts
I also have this problem, but I have the added disadvantage of being a staff nurse who has to work 12 hour shifts, It is very embarrassing sometimes, especially during staff meetings. I am also on a probationary period in a new job, so any advice is most welcome

·
Registered
175 Posts
I get this too, I don't think most people really understand that along with having lupus you get extreme fatigue. I just pray it doesn't happen while we're driving! Iv'e come close, but hasn't happened yet....

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Grandma,:hug:
My first thought is are you burning the candles at both ends? My second thought sleep apnea. Third thought is that your body needs the sleep and you are healing.
My hubby does this and I think he has sleep apnea along with the fact he is exhausted because he works so much.
You all have just had a wonderful and exciting addition to your family of a precious girl named Adaline(I love the name by the way)maybe Grandma is doing too much:wink2: I know I wouldn't be able to resist:)
You also are moving, so your plate is so full and maybe stressed even if they are all wonderful things it is stress. After we moved this summer I had a huge flare and I was thrilled, but it was still very stressful.
I hope you can rest and get some help, so you won't be so exhausted.
Enjoy your grandbaby:p

Hugs,
Becca

·
Registered
468 Posts
Oh How I know about that

:rolleyes: I have not been sleeping right for at least two months, I will fall asleep and wake up between 20 minutes, to and hour later....then I stay awake for awhile and sometimes fall asleep in a chair.:yawn: Last Sunday I was out in my building's lobby watching a dvd on a portable dvd player, just kind of hanging out waiting to see who I might visit with, and the next thing I knoww I hear laughing and my neighbor was alternately tickling my nose with her finger and her pony tail.:blush: But I have also found myself very tired and nearly falling asleep while driving. I would love to get my days and nights mixed up if it meant I could get some sleep. I do have sleep apnea and am supposed to wear a cpap machine, I do but when I wake up such a short time later it is pretty much useless. Sleep meds don't help, and I could definately use some sleep., and will try anything but more drugs they don't seem to help. Take Care everyone, Karly

·
Registered
184 Posts
I have the same problem I can fall asleep sitting and standing up and have I too have had a cup filled with hot tea and fell asleep with it in my hands, I hate this fatigue its wears you down, its hard to fall asleep and when I do its not GOOD sleep, I have taken stuff to help me sleep and I might as well take a sugar pill but then again I always do things minimal when it comes to meds so maybe I don't take enough to fall asleep, I get up early 6:30 after going to bed at 3 or 4 a.m. sometimes I will take a nap after I get the kids to school other times I go straight to work (work from home) its hard for others to understand so sometimes I will do alot to make up for it like clean the house 3000+ sq ft 3 1/2 baths laundry etc so what that does is make me more tired and sometimes induces a flare or I am still in a flare and don't get out of it. Now I am getting migraines so sleeping is important BUT getting it is too I just wish someone would explain that to my brain.:wacko:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts