The Lupus Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm sorry to post a miserable thread but just need to get things off my chest.

I'm feeling really fed up at the moment.:(

I saw the gastroenterologist a couple of weeks ago and although I was there because of my tummy pains and I'd lost a couple of pounds again he was really rather concerned as to what's going on with me.

He clearly saw the lesions on my fingers and wanted to look at my legs where I'd had the unexplained infections a couple of months ago as they'd left me
with marks. He also saw the rash across my face which has just started coming and going over the last 7 weeks. He apologised for getting so excited by my case but was amazed that I didn't have a diagnosis and asked the nurse who was present to go and get the rheumatologist whom I'm under. Unfortunately he wasn't in but the gastro doc emailed him and said that he needed to speak urgently about me?

Goodness knows what he spotted but he did say that they would get me sorted! He did mutter under his breath vasculitis and dermatomyositis as well as CTD?

I have my next rheumy appointment this Friday so lets see if things have progressed to a possible diagnosis because I feel so terrible at the moment. My GP is also convinced I have a CTD and that I'm very unlucky and that I need to rest and look after myself.

Anyhow if it's not bad enough not having a diagnosis I've also now got sores on my toes as well as fingers which are soooooo painful:worried: ( just to add to the long list of things). Oh yes I now get really bad hot pains going through my knees, elbows, wrists and ankles too.

So, so fed up with all of this.

To top things off I've had work on the phone this morning asking what's wrong with me and what's my plans! Well if I knew that I wouldn't feel so ****** crap. They are aware of what it could be but just don't seem to understand how poorly I feel.
My sick note doesn't finish until next month and also the occupational health received a letter from my rheumy to say I was unfit for work only a couple of weeks ago so why do they feel the need to bother me at home when I really don't need the hassle.

I think I've gone on enough so I'll leave it there. Sorry to be all doom and gloom it's probably just everything building up.

Take care
Mrs M xx

·
Registered
4,369 Posts
Mrs M,

Sorry that you are feeling so miserable!

It does seem like you appt with the gastrologist was a extremely positive one and that you are quickly moving forward to a diagnoses and treatment!

Good luck on Friday!

Lots of hugs!

Lesley

·
Registered
80 Posts
Dear Mrs M.
You must be so frustrated, the waiting between appointments is the worse thing, especially as it seems work are adding to your problems by hounding you needlessly. Hope you get some answers on Friday- hang on in there:)
Very best wishes
sue

·
Registered
5,267 Posts
I am sorry to hear that you are feeling poorly but at the same time, it seems as if they are listening to you now and that things are showing up so they can visuably see. So I have faith that these doctors will be able to put the pieces together and at least give you a suspected dianosis and start to help you feel better by the proper treatment.

I know it is very discouraging to not know what is going on but keep positive that you are very close to finding out and that means closer to feeling better!

Hang in there and try to rest and keep positive thoughts going. It is easy for the stress level to rise while waiting and you know that makes every symptom way worse.

Sending hugs your way and hope that you have answers really soon.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi Sue, Lesley and Paula:)

Sorry I've took so long to reply. Thanks for your support and encouragement it's greatly appreciated.

Mrs M x

Hope you are all well. x

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
Hi Mrs. M,

I am so sorry, to hear that your in pain and feeling so badly. I hope the drs. get things fiqured out for you soon. It does, sound as if they are on the road to doing so..

Keep the faith, and know that a better day is ahead. I will have you in my thoughts..Bless you.

Love,
Sandy

1 - 6 of 6 Posts