TheLupusSite.com banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Marika
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,
thanks sooooooooooo much for all the kind thoughts....
i came to realise what that guilty feeling was...i just didn't want to admit that i was relieved....no more 24.7 worries phoning twicw a day..sicj with worry if she didn't answere the phone ect. and knowing how depressed she was n..ect. ect.
i asked my mum just when she had died to pse give me some reasurence or sign that she o.k. think what u want but i have had it...and my girlfriend was there too to witness it...i don't care if anyone says i'm reading into something that was just coincidence(splg) its done me the world of good...
funeral is next friday...lots of people are coming too...so that makes me pleased for her...she will dead 'chuffed' at all the attention.
all have lovely weekend from a very relaxed and calm person...

love marika:) :) :) :)

·
Registered
7,800 Posts
Hi Marika,

I'm so glad that you are feeling a little better and less guilt ridden. Grieving is a complex process and I think we all just have to handle it as best we can at the time.

It's good when someone passes and we can get to the stage where we keep seeing little reminders of that person in everyday things and those reminders are no longer painful but pleasant and comforting.

I hope that everything goes well on Friday. I'm sure it won't be an easy day but just keep in mind how chuffed she would have been at the turnout.

hugs,
Katharine

·
elisabethm
512 Posts
Hi Marica would you believe this i was just at the cemetery with my sister about 30mins ago.And i was telling her about you how guilty you felt.I have came in put the laptop on and here you are i am so glad that you feel better.I do hope all goes well for you i will be thinking about you thank you for letting us know that you are now comeing to terms with it and i am with you on getting a sign from you mum Best Wishes to you and your family.Elisabeth:)

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Hi marika

Thank you for letting us know that you're feeling a bit better,that's good to hear.

I am glad you figured out the source of your guilt & I hope it eases your conscience now...It is only natural to feel relief marika when you lose a loved one who has been ill,especially when it has been ongoing...I know others who felt exactly the same & it certainly doesn't mean you love your mum any less.

I hope you have found comfort in the sign you received from your mum..I do believe you as I have experienced similar myself!

sending you lot's of love,strength & hugs :hug:
I hope all goes well on friday,will be thinking of you
karen x

·
Registered
2,404 Posts
Dear Marika,
I am sorry I obviously missed your original post. I am glad to see you are feeling better. I will pray for the funeral to go well.
Big Hugs,
Lola x

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Hi Marika,

I too missed your original post and I am so sorry for the loss of your Mum. I am so glad you are feeling better but give yourself time and take each day as it comes. I'm sure you will still have many emotions still to go through.

Don't be too hard on yourself - take each day at a time.

Hugz,

Pam xxx

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
Hi Marika,

Sending hugs your way. I hope your grief eases with each passing day, and that you remember, to take care of yourself at this time.

I will be thinking of you.

Love,
Sandy

·
Registered
869 Posts
I also missed your original post, but wanted to offer condolences on the loss of your mom. My dad passed away after a long arduous battle with lung cancer, I too felt relief, and then for a while guilt. For what it is worth, I believe you about the sign from your Mom. I don't find it strange at all, and I'm glad it comforted you.

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
Marika,

I am so pleased to hear that you are feeling better. I have been thinking of you and hoping that you would find that inner strength that I know you have. Keep your head up and things will continue to improve.

Good Luck,
Nancy

1 - 9 of 9 Posts