The Lupus Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:sad:Hi I'm sorry to bother you but please I need some practical advice.. feeling very depressed and paranoid and I apologise nearly everytime I speak or send any texts or e-mails. My joints aching and my neck and shoulder having spasms, I had titanum plates in my neck as discs eroded and nothing there so shoulder dropped to my breast height. Can't do anything I want to do and when I do try I have to give up as too sore..going out of my mind I thnik.:sad:

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
Orangelily:

I am sorry you are having such a rough go. I cannot offer more than my heartfelt warm (((HUGS))) and ask if you perhaps might want to seek a counselor or therapist to talk things out with?

I know having atherapist to talk to about my feelings has helped me cope when I feel overwhelmed.

Please take care of yourself and talk to your Dr about these feelings to see if you can get a referral.

Stephanie

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Sam, contacted GP and she referring me to therapist now just need to wait for appointment, this being the UK you never know might get an appointment in 16 weeks!!!

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
Good for you! I hope the wait isn't too long.

Stay in-touch - Stephanie

·
Registered
2,404 Posts
Hello OrangeLily,
Please do not feel you just have to wait for your appointment with the Counsellor. If you need help meanwhile please go back to the GP. Do you have any close friends who will help you too?

We are all here for you, but I am concerned as you do sound as if you need good competent help as soon as possible.
x Lola

·
Registered
14,661 Posts
Hello orangelily
You have done very well to seek help and I hope you don't have to wait too long. As Lola says don't hesitate to get in touch with your GP again if you start feeling overwhelmed or get whatever help you need at the time if GP not available.

With many strengthening Hugs

Clare

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
:wink2:Hi Sam,, Lolalola and Clare:wink2:

I would like to thank you for your kind comments. I have again contacted my GP this morning and I have managed to get an appointment with her on Monday.

In the meantime something nice made me cry yesterday afternoon I received a beautiful flowers from my niece so this time I cried with joy:lol::lol::lol:

I still find in hard to open up to family, we have all gone through some very dramatic times lately i.e further operation on my neck to have titanium plates and bone from hip to replace the discs that had worn away....we got flooded (not Toll Bar which was featured in the news) had to move into caravan in front garden and waited 9 months to get back into the house...in the meantime my brother-in-law droppped dead.....other problems with my brother...dont speak to my father (who lives in Scotland)...my mum died in 1973 aged 38 from lupus.

Sorry to go on but I am so so glad for this site.

Thankyou for you kind wishes

Sending you hugs & kisses

·
Registered
7,800 Posts
Hi Orangelily,

I'm not surprised with all that's been going on that you feel a bit overwhelmed at times. I think anybody would!

I'm very glad to hear that you have contacted the GP again. When you feel that bad it really musn't be neglected.

Here's some more hugs to add to the collection :grouphug2:

Katharine

·
The Other Illinois Tammy
1,193 Posts
eilidh,
Hi again not sure if you will remember me we chatted not long ago. I am so sorry to hear you are in so much pain. Have you spoken to your doctor about the pain you are in all the time? I would also ask for some anitdepressants as not feeling well can also have a lot to do with depression. We can only do what our bodies will allow us to do and it has to be the boss, to set the pace for the rest of our day. I am sure that you are resting as often as you can and doing the nice hot soaks in the tub already, and those would be my only advise at this point. I do hope that you feel better soon.

·
11,408 Posts
Hi Orangelilly,
What a sweet niece you have.:) What are your favorite flowers?

I am happy that you are seeing your GP Monday. You have been threw so much.:hug:

Please let us know how you are doing. Have a nice weekend.:)
Love,
Lyn

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hi Tammy & Lyn.
Yes I rembember you Tammy we chatted the other night thank you very much for you support.

Lyn thatnk you for your post, yes my niece is lovely:lol:my favourite flower is....yes you may have guessed is the Lily.

I would once again like to thank everyone for all their help and I will definately let you all know that happens.

I hope you all have a lovely weekend.:bigsmile::thumbs::thumbs:

Hugs & Kisses to all and hope you all have a great weekend and a good Friday

·
Registered
631 Posts
Hi orangelily,

sorry to hear you are feeling down. I hope the dr appointment goes well.
What a kind and thoughtful niece you have, you must be very special to her.

Sending lots of hugs your way
Elle x

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
:wavey: An update..been to doctors up the doseage of antidepressents, up doseage of gababetin, nifedipine. Therapist in 8 weeks (or earlier), rhuemi brought forward.

Many thanks for all your best wishes and hugs and wishing everyone all the luck in the world

Hugs & Kisses:grouphug2::flowery:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts