The Lupus Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Again. Sorry if I'm asking too many questions too soon. I'm having a really bad day today and I've been having a new symptom the last week or so. It just happened a minute ago so I want to ask this before I forget again. Is feeling faint upon standing up a lupus symptom? When I go from a sitting or kneeling position to standing up I get very lightheaded and everything goes white like I'm about to pass out and it takes me a minute to get my bearings. It's pretty scarry. I'm a stay home mom and I'm worried i might pass out infront of my kids. Is it a blood pressure thing, or a blood sugar thing? Is this part of lupus?

·
Administrator
10,208 Posts
The same thing can happen to anyone so it is difficult to say if it is related. If this continues you should definitely seek medical advice.

It could be due to either blood pressure or blood sugar. I had a similar thing happen when my thyroid was out of whack. The only way to know for sure is to check with your doctor.

Take care,
Lazylegs

·
11,410 Posts
I have had that happen when I stand up to fast. For me it is my blood pressure that is low. I have learned to get up slowly so it doesn't happen so often.

You should go get it checked out as Lazylegs said you should contact your doctor.

Love,
Lyn

·
Registered
4,444 Posts
Usually that is due to low blood pressure. Try getting up very slowly and see if that makes a difference. I have pretty severe drops sometimes (actually had tilt table testing the the alarm went off that said I "should" pass out)! I was actually told to eat more salt to help combat the problem a long time ago, not sure if that would be the advice these days ;)

This happens to plenty of "healthy" people too so it may just be one of those things. Stay hydrated and that helps too.

·
Registered
4,968 Posts
I would go to your doctor about this and have it checked out. It happened to me and they did a tilt table test on me. I have Orthostatic Intolerance and also my blood sugars tend to drop very low with no due cause.

I sure hope you get to the bottom of things and hope your doctor figures out why this is happening to you. Let us know how you get along.:wink2:

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thank you for your replys. I will be sure to bring it up tomarrow at my appointment. It is something new that is happening and kinda scary :sad:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.