The Lupus Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4,968 Posts
(((((Mystique)))))

I want you to know that what your going through is not all in your head and your not a hypochondriac!!! It is very frustrating when we know we are ill and things with our bodies go haywire and yet the bloods look great.

My inflammation markers are never very high and typically my crp and esr are almost normal and yet you could look at my knee or my wrist and clearly see that it is twice the size of the other one. Makes no sense yet provides insight that we can have inflammation and yet our blood work not show it.

Keep a symptom diary and take pictures of any swelling, rashes, etc...that may occur. This is very helpful while you are in this period of the unknown. I also have heard that it may be good to take your temperature every night at the same time and log that into a journel as well.

You know your body best and I always tell people to push forward and don't give up until you have answers. Auto immune illness can take a long time to show up on blood work and until then we have doctors that are not willing to look at the whole picture. They sometimes take a stance that if the bloods are normal then nothing is wrong.:mad::mad::mad: This could not be further from the truth.

I went years feeling horrible without a true diagnosis. I started with Anxiety Disorder, then Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, then Fibromyalgia, on to Multiple Sclerosis, next was you may have Lymes disease or Hepatitis C and eventually the blood work, after many, many years started to show the abnormalities and thus came the correct diagnosis for me of Mixed Connective Tissue Disease.

Moral of the story, I was sick but my blood work was picture perfect! Don't give up and please don't doubt yourself. Push forward and keep on until you get some answers. Eventually you will but unfortunately it can take years.

Keep us posted as you move forward. Sending you warm cyber hugs.:wink2:

·
Registered
4,968 Posts
Your right, we do not wish to have a disease..................JUST A ANSWER.

With 3 kids that is a challenge in itself.

I sure hope you get a doctor to help you and get on with feeling better soon.:wink2:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.