The Lupus Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello.

I'm here for a moan if that's ok... Ever since I had rituximab, my lupus blood results have been getting better and better, and I've managed to reduce my pred too - woo! However, I feel rubbish. Muscle aches, like the ones you get when you have the flu, on and off sore throat, and constant (but not bad) neck pain. Plus swollen eyelids in the morning, which I used to get when my kidneys were dodgy (urine/blood looked fine last month though). The muscle aches and the sore throat could be an infection, but it's been getting on for three months now, as have the neck problems. None of it's bad, but combined it's beginning to drain me. I'm living on paracetamol and I really don't want to be. And then some days I wonder if it's all in my head because its all fairly mild.

Help?

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
Sorry you are feeling so lousy. Glad it is not severe *but*... as the ancient Chinese saying goes (which I made up a few years back ), "You can be killed just as dead by a million mosquitoes as by one tiger."
The trivial discomfort, when there are so many, can be as debilitating as big pain.
And it is *tiring*.
At least that has been my experience over many years.
Hope you are feeling better,
Douglas+

·
Administrator
10,193 Posts
Hi Fairy,

It is wonderful that you have been able to lower your Predinsone. I hope you can eventually get off of it completely.

Sorry to hear that you don't feel well otherwise. In a past post you mentioned your neck hurting after having your hair washed at the hairdresser. Since the pain has gone on this long I think you should have it investigated.

Take care,
Lazylegs

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah, I'm thinking I might have to do something about the neck, it's getting a little tedious now. Unfortunately my GP practice is full of morons, and I wouldn't trust them with anything more complicated than writing a repeat prescription - think I might need to change! I'm wondering if the muscle aches/sore throats could be repeated cold viruses, but they don't turn into proper headcolds, so I'm not too sure on that one. It's not all in my head though - I was reaching for the co-codamol last night, and it takes quite a lot for me to do that.

Oh well, just have to get through work today, and then I have precisely nothing planned for the weekend so I will be chilling out watching cheesy dvd's I think...

Cheers!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts