The Lupus Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had chills and fever (99-100.1) for two weeks now. My body is sore to touch like when you have the flu. I have a bad cough along with this...I am really tired of feeling this way. I had to leave work early yesterday and am considering it again today. Could the fever and chills be due to my Lupus?

·
Registered
7,800 Posts
Hi Sadie,

Really the answer to your question could be yes or no. If you are flaring then low grade fever and a flu like feeling would be pretty common with lupus.

Having said that, we do sometimes tend to too quickly say "oh it's JUST my lupus" and that can be dangerous as we can sometimes neglect something that needs other treatment.

With something going on for two weeks I would go and see your GP just in case.

Katharine

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the input...I was thinking about my last flare a year ago and felt really bad then but this one tops it.....Ill call her and maybe get an antibiotic to help with the chest thing???

·
Registered
4,369 Posts
Sadie, just a few weeks ago I had a chest infection and a flare - flu syptoms too! Treated for both - antibiotics and pred!

Immunoligist said could be virus/bacterial + flare or just bacterial infection on its own!

It all seems to be a guessing game but I think you do need to see GP!

Take care

Love Lesley

1 - 4 of 4 Posts