TheLupusSite.com banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone carried a fever for 2 years? (at least 99.9) I have been hospitalized twice this year with MRSA. My doctor has checked for anything
and everything that could be causing the fever, but nothing comes out.
I have been on six different antibiotics since December and nothing works.

I appreciate any response.

Thanks,

Sylvia

·
Registered
4,444 Posts
I haven't - the longest my fevers seem to last is a month or so. Is your lupus under control or not? A lower grade fever of 100-100.5 is often due to lupus and nothing else.

The MRSA sounds scary - I'm sure you've been on some strong antibiotics to treat that so seem like any bacterial infection should have been wiped out if that was the cause.

You have my full empathy - a month is long enough. It is very wearing...

(((hugs)))

·
Registered
4,369 Posts
Hi Slyvia,

Sorry about the MRSA, have they got it under control!

My low grade fevers are 99-100 most days, no known reasons! Only on the very rare occassion do they go down to 98 at the lowest.

Only noticed problems with temps four years ago when I had a misscarriage, before that I think they were very normal.

I have got used to daily life with a temp. and only really grind to a halt when it reaches 101 plus!

Lesley

·
Registered
642 Posts
My sympathies,
I run a low grade temp when flaring.
Anti inflammatories worked to a point but it still made for uncomfortable days and very restless and sleeples nights.
Also though antibiotics can't be doing you much good. Do you have gut problems? Do you take a probiotoc?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have not gone into remission since June 2005. As for my stomach, I do not have an appetite and feel sick to my stomaches most days, but nothing major has happened so far? I don't know how with all my medications. Thank you for all of your input. I pray for all of us with Lupus. I do not take probiotoc? What is that medication?

Sylvia

·
Registered
642 Posts
Probiotics are the drinks or yogurts like Actimel and Yakult.
They contain the natural bacteria in the gut that long term antibiotics can wipe out.
Might help with bloating, diarrhea etc.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts