The Lupus Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
893 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am going to approach my doctor soon re this subject as I think having looked up symptoms I have it.

Do any of you who have been diagnosed...

1. Experience muscle twitches (fisticulations) as a diagnosis.

2. Have pain in specific areas but not all of the areas that fulfill the criteria.
ie. Pain in neck shoulders but not necessarily in hips or knees perse.

I have burning sensations along front of my thighs.

My shoulders are the most painful, feel detached ,tight,burn,shooting pains, they even make cruching clicking sounds etc.
My neck also...

I seem to have other classic stuff going on.

Any info appreciated so I can arm myself when I go to the hospital.

Thankyou
Nicky

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
My doctor told me that the fact that many Lupus patients can't move around much may wind up causing Fibro. In my case my back stops me from being able to do much and I"m DEFINITELY winding up with a lot of muscle pain.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I was diagnosed with fm first. it was elbows, neck and back I thought was age. but when they check for the points, it's amazing where they are, base of cheeks, collar-bone-kind-of, neck, back, funny spot just above the yer bum, more than the hips... my dr doesn't check my knees, but he always finds the back spots. not my favourite dr, isn't so concerned if my knees get stiff, but he does check the fm and confirm it when it's flaring. he didn't tell me about the lupus, felt my ANA was too low; but when I got spots it was a dermatologist who informed me and my dr only later confirmed saying he felt we'd address it when we have to. I do have a new physician now. ;) I find the more questions I ask, the better answers I get-- see, and talk to, your dr.

·
Banned
808 Posts
Hi Nicky,

I was diagnosed with fibro not long after my sle diagnosis, as far as I can remember diagnosis was made on pressure points examination, (I think they test about eighteen points, I hadn't even realised most of them were tender till he poked me!) together with symptoms/history. Rheumatologist gave me a leaflet produced by ARC which I found usefull here's a link to it online,

http://www.arc.org.uk/arthinfo/patpubs/6013/6013.asp

I remember being told that it fibro sort of slotted into lupus for a lot of people, he demonstrated that by sliding the fibro leaflet into the lupus leaflet, tada there you go, it's just like this I remember him saying! I think a rheumatologist is the best type of doc to diagnose fibro.

I think over time I have gotten an idea of which symptoms are lupus and which are fibro, I find the pains that seem to originate from muscles are fibro, rather than those around joints, more of a burning/aching than joint pain. The other biggy I think with fibro is the pain through the night and the effect on sleep, I have started taking amytrip which helps me with the pain/sleep cycle.

Best of luck with your appointment.

·
Registered
4,583 Posts
:) Hi Nicky, I am not quite sure what you are asking, so bear with me,.I was DX with Fibro ages ago, then it got to the point that my Dr. got frustrated with himself because he couldn't help me anymore, so he sent me to a Rheumatologist. It took a few yrs, but the final diagnosis was Lupus. Lupus is called the disease of 1,000 faces for a reason= that is how many things can mimic it. It is a long road, but you need to write down all your symptoms and give a copy to your dr to put in to your file. Best of luck.:rolleyes:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts