The Lupus Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all..had rheumo appt today and got the formal diagnosis of Lupus..now hopefully I can get this flare under control...been in it since March..Plaquenil has kicked in and I feel a little better and the fever is trending down, hair is regrowing and rash is slowing down...It has effected my skin,joints and cns and I asked him where will it go next and he said "kidneys"...So I am ready to kick this into remission until next time....I am not happy abut this but I am sooo relieved to finally have a name for this thing...No one can say it is all in my head again....thanks for listening...Di

·
4,445 Posts
Hi.. it is a relief to get a diagnosis, but it is difficult to come to terms with it too... be kind to yourself, it will be up and down.. at least now you can start taking back a bit of control XX;)

·
Premium Member
7,567 Posts
Hi, I am pleased that you have a diagnosis, it is a relief to put a name to something. But, as Claire said it can be a time of a rollercoaster of emotions. Despite the diagnosis having been expected it can still be hard to accept. Give yourself time. Hope you are able to get rid of your flare.

Take care

Deb

·
Registered
301 Posts
Hi

It is a relief you can put a name to the beast. At least you know what you are dealing with. It looks like the plaquenil is starting to be effective and I hope it won't be long before you have your flare under control.

As others have said, be kind to yourself as you will have a whole gamut of feelings to deal with....as I know only too well!

Take care.

Love Judi xx

·
Registered
7,800 Posts
Hi there :)

I will be hoping you see fast (and vast) improvement. Diagnosis is never an easy time and I don't think we'd expect it to be but I find that at least knowing what I'm dealing with and being able to take action makes things easier.

Katharine

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.