The Lupus Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I went back to get my lab results today....
drumroll.......................

HIGH positive ANA.

I knew it! I am sad but happy at the same time. I knew something was wrong all along, and now its confirmed.

·
Registered
7,800 Posts
Yep, having things confirmed does leave us with those mixed emotions. Have you actually had the results confirmed as a lupus diagnosis or just the confirmaton that yes, you have high ANA and it is most likely lupus? Sorry, I don't know all your story.

Even now, blood tests seem to sort of fill me with dread. Mine never seem to reflect what's going on much and I can almsot hear someone saying "there's nothing to be seen in the bloods, so I'm afraid I can't help you.."

I hope this is the beginning of being listened too, good treatment and a lot of relief,

bye for now,
Katharine

·
Registered
3,770 Posts
Have you a rheumy you will see now you have that result ?

·
Registered
4,444 Posts
To have something concrete to point to - must feel wonderful after 4 long years of no diagnosis and doctors not taking you seriously. But a bit scary at the same time I'm sure.

You should be on your way to some appropriate treatment soon, I hope the medications work well for you and quickly as well. Let us know how things go and what happens at the next appointment!

·
Registered
468 Posts
Glad you finally have an answer, and common that you have mixed feelings, hopefully you have a good doc and get on meds to help right away. take care, Karly

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ana

As I said my ANA was positive, and this was taken after my rheumy saw all my symptoms and my lovely pink butterfly cheeks. She found things I did not even know. My joints she said were hot and I had numerous swollen nodes.
So tommorrow I am off to get an eye exam and an EKG, so I can start the plaquenil.
Its been a great day because I finally know and there is finally something being done : )

·
Registered
184 Posts
Its wierd to feel good about a diagnosis of a chronic disease but I know what you are saying, When I was diagnosed 2+ yrs ago it was after a year of being extremely ill loss of weight, aching and unable to even move for days it was hard, People saw my coloring change and noticed that something was up but until they actually had a name for it I felt like is anyone taking me seriously:rolleyes:

So its a mixed bag of emotions most definately but hopefully its also a head start in the right direction to treatment and hopefully feeling better!!

Good luck!!:)

·
Registered
7 Posts
I'm sorry you are having to go through this, but also happy you are getting some answers. I can certainly relate. For 10 years I was just given repeat mono tests, all of which were negative, and then just told I was depressed. Finally, when I moved, I was lucky to find a doctor who decided to check my ANA. While it's a little scary to hear that something is actually wrong, it also feels really good to finally get that validation and have people finally stop thinking you're crazy! Good luck and I hope you continue to get answers and helpful treatment!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts