The Lupus Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys, I feel like cheering today!!!!

I'd previously posted under the introduce myself section and said that although I hadn't got a diagnosis I was going to approach my GP to suggest lupus.

I went today and we had a good discussion, he was about to haul me in as I'm anaemic (again!!) and I went in to get some pain relief. I suggested maybe there was something auto-immune going on as had family history. He agreed with me!!!! We had a long chat about symptoms and everything and he said he's going to refer me today to the Rhuemmy!!!! He thinks it could well be something like that and was at great pains to tell me that I'm not imagining the symptoms that I'm not going mad and I'm not faking it! What a pity he's off for two weeks now!

So, although I'm in a lot of pain I am thankful that someone has took me seriously.:woohoo::yahoo:

·
Registered
7,800 Posts
Hi Maz!!

That's great news :) We can all understand your relief and hope from that appointment.

I hope that rheumy appointment comes through soon and that he has referred you to someone experienced with auto-immune diseases.

Katharine

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
its great that you have a doctor who understands what you are saying and not thinking you are making it all up as so many of our GPs do. Hang on to that doctor and hope that you get an appointment through quickly to see a rheumy.

Good luck:rose:

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi Birdie

I noticed your location is Norfolk - which is the same as me. Can I ask which hospital you got referred to, mine will be N&N and how you got on there please?

·
Registered
594 Posts
Hi Maz,
that's really great news for you.
I hope the appt comes through quickly for you and everything goes well.

Good Luck

Take Care

Cassie :)

·
Registered
55 Posts
Hi

Hi Maz,

Thats great news it does make you feel so much better when you have a Dr you can get on with, my GP is fantastic and very understanding it does make a big difference!

I notice that you are from Norfolk I am going to Yarmouth for a week on the 15th I hope the weather improves!!!! :lol:

Beci
x

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
beci;519867 said:
I notice that you are from Norfolk I am going to Yarmouth for a week on the 15th I hope the weather improves!!!! :lol:
x
Hi Beci

Fingers crossed eh???!!! Sorry to say it but it is miserable down here at the mo!!!! I'm sitting here in my office watching the rain.

While you're in Yarmouth go to Hemsby and look up Club Belle - say hello to a mate of mine Potty Paul Henri who is the host/compere of the club house. One the funniest blokes going! Enjoy yourself, hopefully weather will change!

·
Administrator
10,196 Posts
Hi Maz,

Good for you! I am glad you broached the subject with your doctor. Hopefully this will get you closer to some kind of diagnosis.

Take care,
Lazylegs

1 - 9 of 9 Posts