The Lupus Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, most of you know my crazy, maddening, long struggle to find a Dr and some answers. I mentioned in a couple of my last posts that I wrote to a Dr in NY. He asked yesterday for my "medical story" in my own words of how I got to be here, and for the actual numbers of the blood test results, as well as better (digital) copies of the photos of my rash (face and legs). He wrote back this morning and said "There is plenty of smoke in your story and photos, so it seems worth the effort to look for the fire." :eek: Then went on to say, "Names and contacts, with comments, are below. One or another of them might be able to direct you to someone who can evaluate you, even without insurance. You can use my name for those I indicate, since they are personal friends or acquaintances."

Like... what? !!

I've spent years being told it's in my head. Being told to stop whining, to get over it, to just get on with life. Now, suddenly, I have validation of everything and I can't stop crying. It's what I wanted (yet, didn't want) so badly. It's... kind of like being hit in the face with a brick. I knew it was coming, but so totally hoped it wouldn't.

Now, I just need to contact the doctors he mentioned. I think I'll write to them today. It's just so... crazy. I never thought he would reply, and I certainly didn't think he would take me seriously.

Maybe there's a way through this after all... :blush:

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
Shufu:

All I can say is that there are angels in the world anf Dr's who really care. I hope you do connect with one of these dr's an get some resolution!

This is really great new!

Stephanie

·
Registered
4,369 Posts
This is great news!

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
Woo Hoo.

·
Registered
15,684 Posts
Well done! We really do have to be our own advocates as far as our health goes. Good luck!

love
Lily

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks guys :blush: It's really just made a difference. Even if these Dr's don't write back or won't see me... at least I got some kind of validation. And for now, that's better than what I had... which was nothing...

Your support has really kept me going and kept me strong. I appreciate everything...

:blush:

·
Registered
7,800 Posts
:woohoo: Shufu, after all your troubles, your story has warmed my heart this morning. I'm so glad that you have managed to get to that first important step - now keep pushing because you are worth it and need answers and treatment :)

Katharine

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.