The Lupus Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys, it's been a while since I was last about but haven't had time or energy to be around for a while.

I went back to my gp the other week and asked for repeat bloods. He looked at me like I'd suddenly developed three heads and asked why I felt I needed them. My reply was that the consultant had said to repeat in 6 months in case they altered (Consultant had handed me back to gp as nothing had come up in bloods, although I am a typical lupus sufferer). After much huffing and puffing my gp booked me in. I had my bloods done Wednesday and by Friday lunch another gp was trying to get hold of me to say that the inflammatory bloods were fine but other blood tests (he did do an ana test) were significantly altered. He then said he was writing to the hospital to refer me back.

That's 1 step forward but I'm not building my hopes up after my last bad experience up there.

I hope I can soon get treatment as I've been in one long constant flare up (or so it feels) since last November.

Fingers crossed!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
149 Posts
Good Luck MaZ, I really do hope you get some answers. See you are Norfolk area, so assume you would use the Norwich Hospital? I may have read wrongly, but sounds like you did not have a satisfactory time there. Should it come to it, I can recommend a truly outstanding Rheumatologist but based in Cambridge. You are remember, at liberty to ask to be referred wherever you choose, and at any hospital, your only consideration I guess would be travel.

Good luck with your journey

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Wendy and Karen for your support. I do use the Norfolk & Norwich but not sure who I'll see this time. First appt last October was with a really great consultant who then told me he was leaving and the 2nd one in November was with a locum who thought all women were hysterical....charming. I'll see how I get on this time but may come back to you Karen on this one - thanks. Travelling isn't too much of a problem as other half's family live in Fordham so he loves driving down that neck of the woods.

:grhug:

·
Registered
7,800 Posts
I'll be keeping fingers firmly crossed for you. Well done for standing your ground and insisting on getting your bloods done!!!

:fingers:

Katharine

·
Registered
4,369 Posts
Well done and let us know how things go with the Rhuemi!

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
Well done! Many of us have been less courageous and suffered alone much longer.
I hate to say "Congratulations on having a bad set of results on your blood tests" but, if it gets you better care and some relief, then it is a good thing. But having an autoimmune disease is no treat. Too bad the tests didn't show that you had something that cold be cured by two aspirin and a next morning phone call.:)
All the best,
Douglas+

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.