The Lupus Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
11,410 Posts
Hi,

That sounds painful.:hug:
I haven't had that happen.
I assume you have tried lotions and such already.

Sorry I cant be of help for you. Hopefully someone will come by and give you better advice.

Have you talked to your doctor about it? Maybe a dermatologist would be good to see?

Take care,
Lyn

·
Registered
594 Posts
Hi there,
I do suffer from this, and it can be very painful. I get loads of cracks opening up on fingers at times, I think the cold weather makes it worse but I have had it through the summer months too. I also get peeling of the skin around the tips of my fingers too. When it bacme severe before I went to my gp and he gave me a steroid cream to use. It really did help. It was elocon and I used it twice a day just for ten days and then reduced it. I would let your gp have a look and I am sure tey can give you something to ease it.

Good Luck

Take Care

Cassie. :)

·
Registered
46 Posts
i have skin on my palms and fingers peel its a bit like sun burn peeling very thin layers of skin but its completely painless for me just annoying as my hands feel sticky if i touch clothing untill i sit and peel it all off but over the years id say its only happened about ten times. I thought it was odd at the time but didnt think anything of it untill now after reading this. Hmmmm....

·
Premium Member
7,567 Posts
Hi, yes I get the skin peel off from my fingers and my palms. Also, my skin splits and cracks at the end of my fingers and is very painful. It is worse when I flare and in cold weather.

I would mention it to the doc in case it is something such as eczema.

Deb

·
Registered
2 Posts
peeling skin

The skiin on my fingertips, palms, bottom of feet and toes peel. Sometimes they peel so bad that my fingertips and toes get raw. Most of the time it is painless. It has been doing this for 18 months. The dermy tested the skin for fungus and it was negative.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.