The Lupus Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had little patches of flakey skin on the palms of my hands and in between my fingers for some time, and it doesn't seem to matter how much hand cream I put on, it just doesn't shift :( They generally start out as little dry white 'bubbles' and then crack to form larger dry scaly patches. I don't get it as I used to have quite quite 'clammy' hands, now they feel like sandpaper! I have other areas of dry skin, but it's worse on my hands. Any idea why this is happening?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks! That is exactly what it's like!

I just wish it would go away though - my hands look bad enough with all the vitiligo, so I really don't need anything else in that department! I'll go to the pharmacy later to check out the hand creams recommended on that link.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Hello,
I have had the same problem too. My GP prescribed an emollient cream called Diprobase which has had a very good effect. I use it on other ordinary dry skin too and it is brilliant for that. I don't know where you are in the world but it can be purchased here at the Pharmacy too, it's certainly worth a try.

·
Registered
7,800 Posts
Hi there,

I used to get this as well and every summer felt like I was peeling like a snake :lol: I have generally dry skin and find that emollient washes which are creamy rather than soapy (like E45 emollient wash) are the best.

The actual hand thing actually improved suddenly when I was put on plaquenil over two and half years ago. This summer it has come back a bit and all my skin is very dry again.

I'm afraid I don't have any useful suggestions other than ask the GP, I never 'bothered' before but will ask him next time I go.

Katharine

·
Premium Member
7,567 Posts
Hi, I get this on my hands as well. They seem to peel and flake. Yuck!!! I have never mentioned it to the gp, just put it down to one of those things. I just put extra hand cream on.

The link looks exactly like my hands. It is interesting to find out what it is.

Thanks

Deb

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.