TheLupusSite.com banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do people with UCTD have flares? With this sudden back/hip/pelvic pain I've been having (no injury or heavy lifting) along with more fevers and more not feeling well, it hit me a couple days ago that I may be having a flare. BUt does UCTD flare? Could this be what it is? I had an MRI and am going to PT for my back now, but I still have to wonder.

·
Registered
15,684 Posts
Hi Jen,

Most definitely I'd say, the nature of these connective tissue diseases (whichever one you have) is to have flare-ups and times which are much quieter as far as disease activity goes.

Good luck with your MRI :hug: let us know what you find out. Has anyone examined you for possible bursitis?

I hope this passes soon and you are feeling much better.

love
Lily

·
Registered
4,583 Posts
Hi Jen, It's been so long ago that it's hard to be positive, but I think what Lily said is the most sensible answer. As I look beck, I remember that my number of severe migraine's was almost a constant., and they put me in bed for days. So, at that time, I guess that is how my flares hit me. Now I flare like most people here, can't move, think, make sense,
do anything, I'm useless. What youre describing doesn't sound like a flare. I do wish you the best with your MRI, let us know.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
MRI was "normal". There was a tiny bulge in one of the discs, but nothing that would be causing this pain.

New theory is that it could be something in my abdomen causing this. I've had abdominal pain for several months now, probably longer than that but since my hysterectomy, I'm noticing different abdominal pain. I can't pinpoint the pain in my back. I cannot, and neither can anyone else, poke around and say, "There it is. THat's where it hurts." I can only say, "it's really low on the back and a little more towards the left." Push on my abdomen and it is really painful. GP says if the abdominal pains are still there on Monday, it's time for an ultrasound. Pains aren't going to go away, I've had them for months, so I guess an ultrasound is in my future now. One nice thing about this: My individual patient deductable for insurance should be met already for the year!!!!:lol:

As for the flare theory, I have more than back pain. That is the most bothersome for obvious reasons, but I also have been having more fevers and higher than usual. Could be that an infection is going on somewhere instead, but I don't know that yet. I am EXHAUSTED!!!! It's so bad. My cheeks look like I've been out in the sun and it is wwwaaayyy too cold here to be outside (wind chills to -25F). All my muscles hurt, which made all this even more unbearable since everyone wants to help me with walking and stuff and I really don't want anyone to touch me. I'm also having more bowel issues than normal.

I am still quite new to all this, so I guess I don't know what a flare is yet. Hopefully I never will, or maybe this is. I don't know. How on earth do you know? Do you just say, "I'm going through a really rough time right now, this must be a flare" or what? I'm not as sick as most of you are, or at least I really don't think I am, so I'm not really sure what to even look for.

·
Registered
15,684 Posts
I often have a hard time still working out what is from what :wink2: I don't have Fibro so that narrows it down a bit and the other 3 things I have are autoimmune so I give up trying to sort it out most of the time. That is as long as they have investigated and made sure it's not something else going on and dont just put it down to my AI conditions.

Sounds like your GP is good in that he is trying to rule out other things, as much as that is a nuisance it's better than a lot of docs who say oh it's just your Lupus or its just your Fibro and send you on your merry way with no pain relief!

Good luck with the ultrasound, let us know how you are getting along ok?

love
Lily

1 - 5 of 5 Posts