The Lupus Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello my lovelies!

Have been weeing blood for a while now and have been referred to a urologist and I just got a letter through today saying on thursday I have to have an ultrasound of my kidneys, an xray of my abdomen annnnd a flexible cystoscopy!! I really dont want the cystoscopy...has anyone had it before? Surely they should rule out lupus as the cause before violating me?! Grrrr...luckily seeing rheumy on tuesday so hopefully he will say I dont need it. Im soooo fed up with being poked and prodded all my life!

Much love :love:

·
Registered
15,684 Posts
Hi Michelle :)

I've had several cystoscopies during my life and they aren't really much of a drama. The last one I had done was actually done in my Urogyn's office without any anesthesia.........I didn't feel a thing! But then this guy is extremely good. Other docs do them under anaesthetic and you are only under for 5 mins or something. It's important to drink a lot of water afterwards to help ward of a possible infection .

They will always do the cystoscopy first to make sure it's not a bladder problem. If your bladder is all clear and your ultrasounds show no kidney stones etc. then it's safe to assume Lupus is mucking around with your kidneys. That's the order of things they did for me. The Rheumy will probably have you do a 24hr urine catch, that's a good idea too.

Good luck and let us know how you go.

love
Lily

·
Premium Member
7,567 Posts
Hi Michelle, I have had a cystosocopy before and it was ok. I hope your rheumy appt goes well and that they manage to get to the bottom of your problems.

Take care

Deb x

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
oh my god it was horrible hurt loads and still feel like i have cystitis grrrr!!!!

Plus they gave me a massive injection in my thigh and it feels like its all bruised :(

Didn't find anything on ultrasound, xray or cystoscopy though so they have ordered a CT scan of my kidneys...next stop Nephrologist :(

:love:

·
Registered
15,684 Posts
(((((((Mooks))))))) I guess it depends on who is doing it, I'm sorry it was so awful, sending hugs.

love
Lily

·
Registered
81 Posts
So sorry you had rough time. I didn't initially respond because I couldn't lie. I've had every type of scope imaginable and cystoscopy was the shortest but by far the worst. But at least it's over now. Hope the rest of your tests go well.

Tammie

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
hi thanks for your support and sympathies guys!! I am in mega pain like in bladder area and kidneys and cystitis now so i recon they've given me an infection GRRRRRRRR cant do much about it on the weekend though just drink that gross cystitis powder stuff!! You'd think they can do these procedures without giving you an infection in this day and age?! GRR so annoyed.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.