TheLupusSite.com banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
JellyJazz
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My rheumy has booked me in for my flu jab in 2 weeks time. This is the frist time i've had it - what can i expect? Will i flare at all? Anyone had this done ?!

·
Registered
217 Posts
I get it every year, and I've never had a problem. I also had the pneumoccocal (?) one a couple of years ago, and that was fine too.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Hi Jelly,
I always have it. No problems either. Dont want to get flu. Thought I was going to die last time I had it so I will keep having the jab.
Sal x

·
Administrator
10,167 Posts
Hi Jellyjazz,

My rheumy has me get one every year. Just had mine yesterday. Usually I get a little achy but so far I only have a sore arm at the injection site.

Take care,
Lazylegs

·
Registered
6,152 Posts
Hi Jelly

I get one every year too. My GP insists. The first year I did have what felt like a case of 'flu' afterwards and didnt feel great but since then I have had no problems. Thanks for reminding me to book my appointment :)

I have heard some people recommend drinking lots of orange juice (Vit C) afterwards - not sure if it helps but I happen to like orange juice anyway;)

Luv n stuff
Joan:rose:

·
Registered
4,444 Posts
I had an incredibly sore arm all around the injection site for a few days (muscular pain) when I got it while I was pregnant, but other times I have had next to no side effects and never felt ill afterwards. You should be just fine! About half the time there hasn't even been any pain with the jab itself it's such a tiny needle ;)

·
JellyJazz
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ahhh thanks guys! Least i shouldn't get flu this year and hopefully less colds!

·
Registered
2,404 Posts
Do remember to ask about Pneumonia jab too.
I have had flu jab for several years, only once had any ill effects. We really do need the protection.
x Lola

·
Registered
14,661 Posts
I had my flu jab last week with no problems. My upper arm felt a bit itchy the next day and when I scratched it I wondered why it felt rather sore then remembered having had the jab the evening before. I have been on antibiotics for dental reasons so I asked practice nurse who said not to have it if you are running a fever. I also read recently to put it off, if you are in major lupus flare.

:)
Clare

·
JellyJazz
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I posted elsewhere about this but as i started the flu jab thread i better reply here!

I did have the jab done and it ended me up in hospital-oops! Thankfully at home again and much better but my rheumy is in two minds as to if i should have it again next year. I guess i have 12 months before i start worrying about that though!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts