The Lupus Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
521 Posts
Hi BellaElla,

It was in my 30's that i started getting that food allergy thing. Where the foods i used to eat i couldn't eat anylonger.. Like green peppers or red peppers,, they shoot right through me. Cheese ,, bad idea indeed. Milk, i can't even bring to my mouth without feeling nauseous. Most of the food i can no longer eat are lactose based. And all the lactose intolerant anicdotes don't work for me,, on the contrary they give me migraines.

There are other foods that i'm a bit sensitive too but not allergic,,, like grapes,, they act like prunes to me now,, and i remember i used to eat them off the vines of my aunt grape vines in her yard.

I guess its a combination of age and illness.... who knows.

Good luck
Take care

·
Registered
149 Posts
I'm not sure yet if I have lupus, but I definitely have lots of food allergies. I started off being diagnosed with coeliac disease which means wheat, barley and rye are out, and I don't seem to be able to tolerate oats either. Then after having eating rather a lot of maize based gluten free products discovered I was becoming sensitive to maize as well. That intolerance has increased to the point where Ihave had to cut out all maize from my diet. I still have other food intolerances that aren't so bad, as long as I only eat those foods one day every three to five days, which is good because the list is long! It contains a lot of the food groups that go alongside latex allergy: kiwi, avocado, tomatoes, potatoes, capsicum, but even odd foods like carrot, apples, etc. So for me its exclude the gluten foods and maize, and maintain a very varied diet with rotating use of suspect foods. Interestingly the dairy intolerance completely disappeared once on the coeliac gluten free diet - proving that it was in fact the coeliac damage to my gut that meant I wasn't digesting the lactose properly.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts