TheLupusSite.com banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone else with lupus have food sensitivities? I am super sensitive to different foods like soy, dairy, corn, wheat, pork, and even some fruits. Most of my flares stem from stress and from eating foods I'm sensitive to, so I was curious if other people have the same experience. My theory is that it's caused from my immune system being overly active so it goes crazy towards certain foods as well.

·
LupusLyn
49 Posts
Food Allergies/Intolerances

Firefly,

:mad: I think your theory may be right. I recently had my food allergies tested and found out that I am allergic to over half the foods in the grocery store. I am allergic to the following, and anything that these items may be found in,... almond, basil, blueberry, broccoli, cabbage, cashew, cauliflower, coffee, corn, eggs-white/yolk, gluten, lemon, malt, milk, peanut, black pepper, rye, safflower, sesame, soybean, spinach, strawberry, tomato, wheat, yeast - bakers/brewers, and yogurt. (Doesn't leave much left) Many of these foods were/are my favorites and it is really hard adjusting and finding things to eat that these items are not found in. My starches now include anything that rice can be made into and potatoes. I eat hot rice cereal with rice milk on it. Talk about variety!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :eek:

It would be interesting to know if these food intolerances are in any way related to any of the autoimmune diseases.

Lyn

·
Registered
15,684 Posts
Hi Firefly,

It's quite common for lupies to be very allergic individuals. I had very severe allergies in childhood and adulthood, long before a lupus diagnosis.

love
Lily

1 - 3 of 3 Posts