TheLupusSite.com banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
995 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
since the rain and the cooler weather is starting my left feet curl in to a spasm. it used to do this only in winter, and it is quite painful
now everytime I go into the pool I have to wear a pair of sandles or water shoes with a good support to keep my foot from curling up

today in the house I have to keep shoes on or else it curls up
is this lupus, athritis or something else?
I am going to see my rheumy for my three month check up so I will have to ask. but knowing him, he will say not lupus , I dont know
I do wear orthtiocs in my shoes for plantar fasictics

I just dont know.but I dont want to go through the winter like this
(ignore my spelling) it one of those days

any suggestions?
thanks
goats

·
Registered
62 Posts
My feet ache and curl up in spasm also. I can't put my feet flat on the floor after I'm on them for long periods. I haven't noticed the correlation to being cold though.. My fingers curl in spasm too. Since you pointed it out though, it does happen a lot when they are cold. Perhaps it's Raynauds symptom ?
I was recently diag with mctd and rheumy seemed very interested in these symptoms... I never asked her about it though. I will on next visit. Everything happened so fast... Good luck

·
Registered
2,173 Posts
Hi Carol,

I am not sure what is causing this... But this was happening to me often... Cramps in my feet and toes curling up, same with my fingers...
It was happening about six or more times a day...
I know this might sound weird... but do you take B12 shots... I do and I had forgotten to go for a couple of months... Anyway I went and they have decreased a lot... it happens once a week now... I am not sure if this is why it has slowed down... But I am glad it has because it is painful... Let me know what the Rheumatoligist says...

Love Penny

·
Registered
995 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I saw my rhuemy today, he said my lupus had been flaring. and decreasing pred is not a option for me. everytime I try to get down from 10 mg per day, It doesn't work. so 10 mg seems to be my maintenace dose
plus he increased my imuran to 200 mg per day
and finally after five years gave me something for pain

as anyone tried Tramacet?

·
Administrator
10,167 Posts
Hi Carol,

Happy to hear the doctor finally listened about the pain. I hope the Tramacet works for you.

I have problems with both my hands and feet curling. I have to physically force them back into the right position. If I catch it early stretching it in the opposite direction helps. So far I haven't found anything to help rotating fingers though.

Take care,
Lazylegs

·
Registered
4,968 Posts
I too have issues, more with my feet and muscle cramping so severe that my toes will go into positions I never thought they could.:rotfl:

I take Baclofen every day for muscle spasms and it helps keep it at bay yet I still have problems with spasticity.

Glad your Rheumy gave you pain meds and I hope they help.

·
Registered
6,152 Posts
Hi Carol :)

I dont have those kind of foot spasms so cant be of any help there Im afraid. I just couldnt pass by without shouting a Woo Hoo! for the painkillers! At long last your doctor is helping you cope with the pain.

I sure hope they help make your life more comfortable. Let us know how you get on with them.

Lots of love
Joan:rose:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts