TheLupusSite.com banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5,267 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure if this is really considered a therapy, but I see this a lot on TV and have searched a few sites. I am one of the disbelievers when it comes to things like this and always think they scam you for your money. Also you need to really be careful about using just anything when you have autoimmune problems.

So, has anyone ever tried those foot detox patches that you supposedly put on your feet at night, wake up in the morning with the patches black which supposedly represent detox of all harmful chemicals from your body. Metals, etc. all come out on that pad. So you feel better and they list all kinds of diseases that it helps including fibromyalgia.

I have a hard time believing that happens and read some testimonies about it from people who swear by them.

So has anyone ever tried these and if so, did it help your symptoms?

My other thought was you don't want it dragging out your medicine, but it said it would not do that. One other thing I saw somewhere is it can boost your immune system which would work against Lupus.

Interested to hear though.

·
Registered
7,800 Posts
Hi there,

I have never tried them being one of life's great sceptics...cynics....whatever but I did see something about them on a BBC documentary (can't remember the global subject - maybe something to do with diets and detox etc. I remember they tried all sorts of things like that, plus anti-age creams and so on with medical opinion etc.). They basically ruled out any efficiency whatsoever and also explained why they "appear" to work.

The basic conclusion was that they are a total scam.

Best to stick with what the doctor ordered! If such solutions were genuine, they'd be sold by large pharmaceutical companies and doctors would be handing them out left right and centre.

Katharine

1 - 2 of 2 Posts