The Lupus Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been wanting to come here and tell you what is going on with me, but have been on bedrest ,still am! LOL At end of May, I had to have major foot surgery. RA has destroyed the joints in all my toes, bones are affected, toes are totally out of alignment. (Can't war regular shoes). Bones have been replaced by screws, have rods in my toes to straighten them out, and a metal plate to keep my big toe aligned. I have a bionic foot! I ended up back in the hospital last week, due to infection, had IV antibiotics.Doing better.Pain is greatly lessened. Get rods and stitches out on Fri. But still have to take it easy, no driving for 5 more weeks :sad: When this foot is completely healed, need to have the other one done.:sad:Just wanted to let you know what's going on with me. Miss all my chat buddies!!!!!!!!!! Every now and then, I sneak out of bedroom and come to computer, otherwise I would go mad! Thinking of all of you! Cathy

·
11,408 Posts
(((Cathy)))

I am relived that you are doing better.

My goodness you have had quite the time of it.:hug:

It always feels good to get the stitches out. Probably tons better to get rods out. :eek:

I am glad you came on the computer to say hi. I have missed seeing you on the boards.

:flower2:
Lyn

·
Registered
15,684 Posts
Hi Cathy!

It's good to hear from you and I'm glad you are doing a little better than last week :foryou:

It all sounds very OUCH to me :hug: ((((((((((Cathy))))))))) and I'm sure you aren't thrilled with the prospect of having to have the other foot done next!

That bionic foot could come in handy for kicking some people up the backside ;):lol: so let us know when you are well enough to loan it out :hehe:

Take care and keep resting, the Lupus fairy needs to bring you a laptop I think!

lotsa love,

Lily

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Dear Cathy

I am sure glad you are doing better then last week also.Sure wish i could get a labtop for you also but i do want you to know that i am thinking about you and praying that things do heal faster now that the infection is gone((((((((hugs)))).I will be talking to you soon i promise;).I bet when you can drive again hubby will not see you for a very long time :lol:.Like LIly sats that bionic boot will come in handy for sure:).Take care my friend

(((((((((((((((((((((cathy)))))))))))))))))

Tammy

·
Registered
2,404 Posts
Hello Cathy,
Just a quick message to say Well Done on what you are putting up with.

Glad the infection is sorted.
x Lola

·
Registered
7,800 Posts
Hi Cathy,

That sounds extremely painful even without the infection. Let's hope that you are now well on your way to recovery and that that bionic foot works well.

My ex had to have part of his foot replaced with metal screw etc due to some degenerative bone thing but his is further back in the foot and he has to be off work for six months and can't drive either for all that time.

Mind, I send a lot less warm thoughts winging his way than yours, so I'm sure you'll get better heaps faster :rotfl:

Katharine

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
((((((Cathy))))))

Glad to see you are on the mend but the whole thing sounds very painful. I was cringing just reading what you've been through.

Take good care of yourself.

Lots'a'luv, :hug::love:

Pam xxx

·
Administrator
10,179 Posts
Hi Cathy,

Oh Cathy, I am so sorry you had to go through all that. I bet you can't wait to have it all behind you. Good luck with the rest of your procedures.

Take care,
Lazylegs

·
Registered
869 Posts
Cathy,
I hope the removal of the hardware goes well and that you have no more obstacles to your recovery:)How long do you have in between this surgery and the one for the other foot? I hope you get some time to rest in between, as it all sounds very painful. Wishing you all the best, Take Care.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for all your prayers and thoughts. Neon girl, MD said my right foot has to be completely healed before he will do the other foot, since I'll be relying on my right foot for support. I'll be glad when this is all done! Thanks for asking! Cathy

1 - 11 of 11 Posts