TheLupusSite.com banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just for fun and to get to know each other better (and to take my mind off my pain)
What does you user name mean????:umm:
My user name is cispence98

ci is for my daughter Ciara
spence is for my son Spencer (see everyone from the UK I must have some English in me since that is usually a english name!!!)
98 is the year I was remarried to my second husband father to Spencer

and there it is cispence98
What does your user name mean or stand for ????

Lets share!!:)

·
Registered
553 Posts
Well I am a bit of a fan of Terry Pratchet's discworld. I would have picked Angua (who's a werewolf in the Anhk-morpork city watch) but I ended up with Granny Weatherwax who's the local midwife and witch..... I have 2 cats (not Black) and I feel like a granny some days too!:rotfl:

Claire

·
Registered
631 Posts
mines a mix of my first name and surname. not very original i suppose lol.
Claire, being a fan of terry pratchet I love your username. Granny weatherwax is a fantastic character. My fave disk world character has to be death but i don't think that would be great as a username lol
great post!!!

elle x

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
HI - SAM101360 my initials and my birthdate...without it being something ingrained I would forget it on really loopie days!

I too like Death the best...I am a bit more of a Piers Anthony / Anne McCaffery fan, but if you like the genre you must read disk world! But I can relate to granny watherwax too...I never made the connection before.

Stephanie

·
Registered
553 Posts
elle-co

I do agree Death is a great character who has evolved... No what was it ....I COULD MURDER A CURRY!!!! (taken from Mort I think)

·
Registered
150 Posts
mean name

Great idea to get to know one another-thanks.
My name- mary mackay- came from my actual name mary mc---- and I shortened that to marymac. Later on I saw another site poster with virtually the same name, earlier registered, and from another country- so a
Moderator suggested the new change, and it does reflect the city in Australia I am from- rather isolated :( from big cities.

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
Hi :hello: :wavesmile: :hello:

Great post, i often wondered where some members have gotten their user name from.

Mine Bugsy is the name of my house rabbit, i had only had her for about 2 weeks when i joined this site so it seemed like a good idea at the time.

The picture of the lionhead rabbit at the bottom of my posts is Bugsy.

Take Care :hug: Jo :hug:

·
Registered
7,800 Posts
Mine is the fruit of a significant lack of imagination :lol: maybe we'll put it down to tiredness....

It's my real first name :)

Katharine

PS the dog's name is Glen, not Katharine!!

·
Registered
40 Posts
Hi - I am Lyn57

That is my name and year of birth. (Lyn is short for Lynette)

Not very original I know 8) but needed something to make it easy for me to remember!

What a great idea to start this thread cispence98!!

:foryou:

·
Registered
154 Posts
I've been thru so manuy e-mail adds(always forget user+password) that the closest option to my name, Taryn, was Taree. I now use it for everything!

Excellent post Cispence! I've been maening to ask Granny why she chose that character! No-one a fan of Captain Carrot? I think I would be Susan Death, don't think I'd b able to pull off Cut-Me-Own-Throat-Dibbler!

Anyone read Tom Holt or Robert Rankin?

·
Registered
580 Posts
hi cispence, i think we had a thread like this before, my name came from my dog (shihzue) i dont think i spelled it right :lol:

Her name is sushi, its not the one in the picture, thats my departed dog shadow.:lol:

·
Registered
580 Posts
i just wanted to point out that i dont know how that 2nd lol got there in my post. thats really weird i think my computer is playing games with me.:lol:

·
Dee
302 Posts
Good Topic :)

Shera is from He-man's sister, a cartoon from a few years ago, we named our dog after her, so I use this name on a few places, the numbers were just random because there already was a Shera registered.

·
Registered
468 Posts
Great post, if I remember right my post name is Karly1964, Karly is what some people call me but my name is Karla and birth year 1964 very original if of course I have remembered it right the brain fog is really thick these days:lol: Karly

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
My first user name was crtikal_rn which had been my ID for everything. It represented the fact that I am an RN and I worked in ICU. Of course that changed when my Lupus came out of remission. Anyway, I was asked to change my ID due to medical liability or something, so I changed it to peonyprincess. Reason being, Peonies are my absolute favorite flower. And princess, well that is just understood........................hahaha

Nancy

·
Registered
2,404 Posts
Lola after one of my beloved cats, who is so close I use her as a pillow at night. She was rescued from a family where the son did all sorts to her including biting her ears! Yes really. It is Lola twice because there are other Lolas registered here although I haven't seen them post.
x Lola

Real name is Dawn if anyone prefers it.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Pukeko is a bird native to New Zealand where we spent 6 years. It is pronounced Pu - kek - o. They are lovley birds, hang out in wetlands, mate for life and have wonderful long orange legs :hehe:

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
:) Awesome responses and conversation starters I love it!! Keep them coming!!

BTW How do you put a picture by your user name I can't figure it out!!! HELP:blush:

·
Registered
705 Posts
A Pollyanna is someone who sees the best in everyone and everything. Being the optomist that I am, I've been accused of being a pollyanna on many occasions so there you have it.

My other nickname is Picklebritches. :lol: Don't know why, but my beloved grandfather used to call me that!

Susie aka Pollyanna

·
Dee
302 Posts
cispence98;504222 said:
:) Awesome responses and conversation starters I love it!! Keep them coming!!

BTW How do you put a picture by your user name I can't figure it out!!! HELP:blush:

Click User CP top left of every page, when your there click Edit Avatar, it's on the left of that page.
you can pick one from the forum or upload your own pic,) a small one) to a free image hosting site, photobucket are free. then you can use your own pic. :)

1 - 20 of 30 Posts