The Lupus Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
8,577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Loopyloo and others that pass gas,

I was cracking up at your post on a plaquenil thread and it brought to mind this old post. :rotfl:
It started on the other boards so not all the old smilies show up but read it and laugh. Post on it if you dare. :hehe: :eek:
http://www.thelupussite.com/forum/showthread.php?t=34082

Karen

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
OMG Karen! I am mortified you posted this :eek:

Saying that.....and reading through the posts....there is a lot I can relate too......I was being very ladylike about it but some of these gals and their comments, well!

In particular (and I omitted the posters apart from a couple) :
  • *Mental note* Buy some rubber underwear! Can you imagine the sounds we could make with RUBBER underwear?? Oh my you guys.. we should start a Lupus choir! Imagine the money we could make.
  • I found it helps to wear thongs when this occurs, cos for some reason it whisles, and you got a good day you could sing along to. I can confirm this :lol:
  • Although my husband picks on me for mine...he's got some pretty dangerous gas. Ooooooh yes! and he gets upset at me!!!!
  • It's funny you should bring this up now, it happened on the weekend at a friends place and she has two dogs, she blamed them and I didn't say a word :D Lily...I thought you were a lady :rotfl:
  • My granny taught me to say this little ditty after an accidental in order to get a laugh going: "Beans, beans -- a musical fruit. The more you eat, the more you toot!!" Sunny?!? ;)
My hubby calls me - trumpet trousers, farty pants and lavendar bum! I do try with the peppermint capsules then I forget to take them. :rolleyes:

As I say it doesn't make me a bad person. My gran (god bless her) was very free with her gas and felt that everyone else should too!

I do hope that someone else will *toot* along here soon.......

Hugz,

Pam xxx

·
Registered
6,152 Posts
:lol::lol: I remember reading that thread a long time ago. Hillarious!

My poor little foster son has an incredibly heightened sense of smell. Seriously! During PE classes when all the kids in school get their jumpers mixed up and couldnt be bothered looking for their name tags on the inside, they give him the pile and he sits there, gives one each sniff and immediately identifies the owner! He's right every time!

Poor kid.... In any other household it would be a bonus but he ends up with me ! :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Luv n stuff
Joan:rose:

·
Registered
15,684 Posts

·
Registered
8,577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you Lily, I couldn't remember the name for that post and its hard to search for threads from the old boards. :rotfl:

·
11,410 Posts
:rotfl::rotfl:I was laughing so hard reading those posts.

I have gas so bad. When hubby and I go shopping he walks an aisle away from me.:bigsmile:

My daughter when I stand by her she looks at me and gags.:innocent:
I tried blaming her in a store one time.:oops: She got mad at me and wanted her dad to take her with him while we were shoppping.

I have been told the neighbors pigs smell better than me.:shrug:
My mom one time walking in a grocery store said in a loud voice,"Lyn is that you that smells so bad?":blush:

Oh well they all still love me.:hehe: Maybe plugs need to be invented? :eek:

Take care,

Lyn

·
Registered
1,563 Posts

Oh my gosh Karen that is way to funny:rotfl:Of course i can so say i have that trouble also big time.It is a daily thing for me and my hubby can detest to:lol:.He get to the point where he is rather discusted with me but i really cannot help it.He has turned like my two college kids totally imberessed when or if i do this inside a store.I am not sure what it is from as i been told it could be the plaqunil but i would say it has to something more then that but until i figure it out my friends which i have not many left of:lol:and family have to put up with me.Well thanks for the laugh big time.it was needed today for sure.Sure wish i knew how to move or find those icons on my computer as they are rather funny:lol:.

Tammy

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
I can totally relate!:lol: Gas, has been a real problem with me for years, but since taking the Cell Cept and Depakote..It is really bad!

I can't help it! I get so embarased in the store when it happens..I have to move to a place that I feel may be "safe", and let it out...It is just awful, to have this affliction.

Before, I got lupus treatment, I was messing my pants constantly! I mean, is there ever any reprieve.. from the constant humiliation..this disease puts upon us?

My grandfather used to pass gas..and then say "there is more room out, than in." Then of course, he would laugh out loud..LOL.

Herb Albert.. ain't got nothin on me!:rotfl:

Love,
Sandy

Sandy

·
Registered
51 Posts
Gas issue

Thanks so much for this post! I kept trying to figure out what I had been eating. I started Plaquenil about 6 months ago along with Mobic. I'm off prednisone and gained 10 pounds. Not sure if the weight gain is related but at least I know where the gas is coming from! LOL

Michelle :rotfl:

·
Registered
468 Posts
Gas Emergence

:lol: Oh, how I can identify, I live alone but I am sure that if someone would walk down the apartment's hallway they would hear the awful toots coming from inside my apartment.:eek: Every time I hear someone say Who's cooking something that smells awful I have to quickly think if I have forgotten myself and let something slip.:blush: What I really hate is walking down an aisle in the store, or worse the library and have the machine gun like farts come out, almost like you can see them trailing out behind, literally.:whistle: But one good thing is it is always a good laugh for the very young neices.:wink2: Karly

·
Registered
718 Posts
my 14 year old g-son has this problem, at school he just looks at who ever is lucky enough to be beside him. Now at home he laughs & says ha beat that one.
i had the problem a few years ago, no matter where i was.
laughing-i passed gas
coughing-i passed gas
walking- i passed gas with every step i took. yea you know
one of my kids would grab their nose & holler (MOM )gosh that
is bad.
now i take gas x before leaving the house. it helps me.

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Karen- too funny:rotfl:
I have to say I am the best one in my family-my hubby peels the paint off our walls.:lol: However, after I had my gallbladder removed I have my bad days and can hardly stand myself. I take Gas-X-simethecone and it sure does help. I say ladies "toot"and men "fart":wink2:

Thanks for the laughs!!!!

Becca

·
Registered
311 Posts
Ok I am LOL:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl: This thread is so funny and sadly so true.

I have to add that yes gas has been an issue. I never had tummy problems until my Lupus meds. One day I was sooo bad that not only did my husband complain and leave the room but my DOG looked at my sneezed and ran out of the room!!! My dog!!! Can you image???:dog:Max, my dog, left me!!! hahahaha Thats when you know its bad smelling!!

Thanks for laugh!!:lol::lol::lol::lol:

·
Registered
468 Posts
:rotfl: Oh my gosh this post has made me laugh out loud every time some gas leaves my body...that was one of the great things about Keegan, he wouldn't leave he would just cock his little head sideways as if he was enjoying the ambiance. (that's friendship!) Man I miss that little dog. Karly

1 - 15 of 15 Posts