The Lupus Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay. I think I'm finally through with even trying anymore. I've been having nosebleeds every day, sometimes three or four. Yesterday I had one (also went in the sun. Big mistake--rash on face, extreme nausea and migraine like headache--still have nausea and headache today).

Called my Dr the other day (yeah the useless one) thinking maybe this time, you know? Told him about the nosebleeds and how I was feeling. His response?

"It's just the air conditioning. Dries out the air. Makes your nose bleed."

That's it. His whole answer to just how badly I feel. It's the AIR CONDITIONING.

*sigh*

I guess that's it then. Until something happens that is major (like my flippin' arm falling off or something) if it even does, then I'm done really. :( He doesn't take me seriously. I'm beyond frustrated. I guess I'm on my own with this.

I don't have any fight left in me. I wrote to some of those Dr's that the Dr in NY recommended. No one has written back to me. So... that's that too. I've done everything I can with no ... anything.

Sure I could rock up at the ER and demand to be seen. But even setting foot in the ER costs $100. Not to mention anything they'd do. So that's out of the window. An independent blood test costs over $400.

I don't have that kind of money. I wish I'd never left the UK. At least there I could see a blimmin Dr.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I sympathize with you!

With quite a few doctors they seem to be a bit intimidated with strong , well informed women. They do not realize that we have a strong network and we are well educated and I find that we have a voice and we do know our bodies.
They need to learn to listen and realize that we want to work as a team.
I have been doctoring with my doctor for ayear with lesions on my chest and he kept giving me Lamisil for a fungal infection and low and behold until I demanded a derm. he relented and she took me off his medication and is now testing me for Lupus. Which I hope I dont have!!
Keep proactive and dont ever give up!
I have in the past written to doctors and one did write and found my story quite interesting........so perhaps do some letter writing and maybe jsut maybe someone will say come and see me!
Doctors are hard to get into but we do need to be heard and women are nuturers arent they we help each other in hard times! And we look for information on the net to help each other.
NEVER EVER QUIT!

hUGS
RATHERRUN

·
Registered
7,800 Posts
Hi Shufu :hug:

I hope, as it's early days yet, that one of those docs will get back to you. You can't just give up even though it does seem as if you have the odds stacked against you right now and I know it is of little comfort but people the world over go through this because there are just some docs out there that need a good thumping - I'd say your GP is one and if you can the first thing you need to do is change practice (I know you explained that that's hard).

I'll second ratherrun here NEVER EVER QUIT!

:grhug:

Katharine

·
Administrator
10,208 Posts
Try contacting the nurse for the first doctor you wrote to. Let her know you still have not heard from the doctor you were being referred to. A little prodding may get the ball rolling.

Take care,
Lazylegs

·
Registered
257 Posts
AUGH!!! That patronizing response makes me so mad! :mad: If air conditioning were the problem, then a **** of a lot of people would be excusing themselves while they bleed. Just imagine how many indoor professionals would be holding tissues to their nose! ABSURD!!!

1tiredmama

·
Registered
115 Posts
hi there is an old remedy for nose bleeds that might help u if u try that
here is it
grate 1 or 2 raw onions
press them through a sive to extravt the juice
dilute the juice with a dash of vinegar
and rince out your nose
it is suposed to help prevent nose bleeds
it might help
sometime these old remedies are the best
good luck
alex

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.