TheLupusSite.com banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
15,684 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I'm off on holidays day after tomorrow :excited: I am going to give it my best shot, I don't feel so well but I will probably do less on holidays than at home - so take that Lupus :p

Saw my doc today and he has to do some more testing once I get back. Seems my red blood cells are being destroyed and it's not any of my drugs. If I am not folate deficient on the next round of bloods or B12 deficient then it's probably our good old friend Lupus doing it :mad: I was fine a few months ago on a B12 test. Bilirubin is high and a few other red cell abnormalities led to this conclusion. Geesh what next I say, don't you just get fed up with it!

Oh apparently I am past menopause too, who knew :hehe: I think it faded into insignificance compared to all the other stuff going on.

My costochondritis is having a field day so I am well stocked up on pain meds and packing my bag tomorrow.

Thyroid test ok so that's one positive :)

Onward and upward :yes: what else can we do! There's a chocolate factory tour on my agenda, so I will stock up and bring some back for us all :wink2:

love
Lily

·
Registered
4,369 Posts
Lily,

Sounds like everything is being dealt with by you doctor!

Enjoy your holiday and I will keep my fingers crossed that the costochondritis and any other symptoms behaves themselves!

·
Registered
7,800 Posts
Hi Lily,

I hope you have a fabulous time and that everything stays under control and pain free!

I hope too that when you come back your tests are OK - not much fun all that. As you say, sometimes you've just got to say "I'm going anyway!!" and go and have fun.

Have fun and think of us all back here with no choclate factories in sight :lol:

Katharine

·
Administrator
7,564 Posts
Lily

I hope you have a great holiday and a well deserved rest.

Take care

Deb

·
Administrator
10,165 Posts
Hi Lily,

Don't even think about the tests while you are gone. You just have a great time and soak up all that beautiful scenery.

Take care,
Lazylegs

·
4,428 Posts
Lily, hope you get some real 'time out' including a lot of chocolate abuse!
Have a good one, :lol:
Claire X

·
Registered
3,770 Posts
Lily have a wonderful time...try and rest when you can...and if all else fails...sit down with a very large supply of choc !!

·
Registered
1,640 Posts

Hi Lily,

Wishing that your holiday is wonderful in every way possible. I hope, you feel better, with some rest.

Enjoy the chocolate!

Love,
Sandy

·
Registered
3,471 Posts
Hello Lily have a fab time on your hols, look fwd to the chocolate mind you. ;) please take care. you deserve a nice break

bigt hugs your friend Lin xxx:hehe:

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Dear Lily,

I hope you have a wonderful time and enjoy every minute. The chocolate will totally help lol!

I can totally relate to you at the moment - I'm going through the menopause at 37, costochondritis is a constant pain and just found out my red blood cells are not playing either which came as a curved ball.

I'll be thinking of you as always and hope the further tests go well.

Hugz,

Pam xxx

·
Registered
893 Posts
Oh Lily

Here's to you having a holiday and enjoying doing less 'to the googlyplex:)'.

Hope you get the best of times on holiday.

Love
Nicky:)

·
11,405 Posts
Hi Lily,
Have a wonderful time on your holiday.:bigsmile: Leave all that doctor stuff behind and don't give it another thought.:)

Mmmmmmm chocolate factory.:eat:

Love,
Lyn

·
Registered
4,444 Posts
Enjoy your vacation to the utmost, even if that means a lot more rest than usual. :) I've developed a keen ability to forget doctor appointments & health issues - or is that the lupus brain fog? Depends on how you look at it but I think you also have this finely tuned ability as well so I know you'll not worry about all these doctor things while on holiday! :)

I'll be here waiting for you to return with a hand reached out waiting to grab some chocolates... :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts