The Lupus Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all I am having trouble getting my 4th covid vaccine. In the uk we require a letter from your gp/consultant to prove that you need the vaccine. I contacted my gp last week to request a letter they got back to me today and said they don't provide letters for the covid vaccine, and to just book an appointment online. i tried this but it wouldn't let me book an appointment without a letter. Just wondering if anyone else has had this problem and how they solved it? Thanks Evie

·
Administrator
10,208 Posts
Hi Evie,

A few days ago I saw a podcast from the UK about the Octave Study. The lead doctor was saying your rheumatology clinic or in some cases your GP would be sending you a letter when it was your turn for the third shot. I recommend you call your rheumatology clinic to find out the plan for the fourth which will be 6 months after if you need one.

Take care,
Lazylegs

·
4,445 Posts
Hi Evie.. I didn't get a letter so I phoned the vaccination centre...they were happy to book me in as long as I took the letter from the NHS rather than GP or Consultant, advising me that I needed a fourth. Some people also have to take their meds in ie immunosuppressants so they can check they have prescribed medication etc. They like it if you have the card from last vaccination. The GPs have been absolutely useless to be honest !! Hope that helps....Claire

PS also it is now only 3 months between doses.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi thanks for the replies. I have just been on the booking site and they have now changed it so that you can take a prescription or a medicine box as proof that you need the 4th dose. Have now booked an appointment for a couple of weeks time as I am full of cold at the mo. Evie

1 - 4 of 4 Posts