The Lupus Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all....

Sorry I haven't checked in for awhile....hope everyone is doing well. Well...it's been almost a month since I was dx with an "autoimmune process"..lol....I've been on Plaquenil and obviously it's not doing anything yet.

Anywho....last week we were on a family vacation. We rented a cabin in the beautiful Northwoods of WI.....went swimming, boating, fishing and just hung out. It was fun...but man did I have a rough time with my symptoms. I'm wondering if I got too much sun and that set something off? Most of the mornings were horrible for me. I was so weak, fatigued and down-right sick feeling. One morning everyone went out fishing so it was just me and my son. He's 21 months so of course he wanted to run around and explore. I literally could not chase after him......I was so weak...I almost passed out.

My knee's bothered me the whole time as well....and still are. It is the most annoying pain....like a deep toothache. About twice a week.....I've been waking up to severe, severe knee pain...it's happened in both knees..but only one at a time (thank goodness). The pain will wake me from a dead sleep. It is so intense that I cannot move my leg at all. As far as pain level.....it feels similar in intensity to labor pain. It gradually settles and I'm able to get back to sleep....but then in the morning...I have residual pain that lasts all day. My other joints have been aching but not nearly as bad as my knees.

I also have developed some neck pain...that was quite severe a few weeks ago. I called my rheumy to ask her if it could be related to my autoimmune stuff...she said absolutely because the neck is sort of a joint in a way. She stopped my Daypro and started me on Mobic....I think it may be helping my joint pain slightly.....(except for the knees...they just keep getting worse and worse).

Anywho...that's where I'm at right now. I am still feeling terribly weak and fatigued....it's pretty sad that you have to recover so long from a vacation that was supposed to be worry and pain-free.

Ok..better run...

Hugs
Olivia

·
Registered
87 Posts
We are renting an RV and heading a few states over next week for a few days of camping too and I fear the worst as well. I took an extra two days off of work just to recover.

I am glad you had time with your family as I will be with mine but geee does it have to be so hard to have fun? :hehe:

·
Registered
216 Posts
Hi Im just about to go to Menorca for a week. Ive only been disgnosed 2 months so Im REALLY worried. My Dr says I should go though :)
My knees have also been giving me terrible grief, first the left then the right, I cant walk when it happens and feel Ive aged 40 years :mad: The pain is REALLY bad isnt it? Im really sorry you suffered but I do hope you had some good times with your family ;)
x

·
Administrator
10,208 Posts
Sorry you were in so much pain during your vacation. The sun could definitely trigger the symptoms you had. I suggest you stay out of the sun as much as possible. When you do have to be exposed make sure to take all the necessary precautions you can.

Take care,
Lazylegs

·
Registered
7,800 Posts
Welcome back from your holidays :)

It sounds as if you had a pretty exhausting time. I'm afraid I can't handle much in the way of exhausting - just having the kids here all week and having to get them off to sports activity every morning has already caught me up - and that's with a nap yesterday in the middle of the day :eek:

When we do go away for a week-end (often a good bit of driving involved and that's torture for me - just being a passenger) then I have to make sure that each afternoon I get two hours of "nap" time. Sometimes I can't sleep but just lie on the bed and relax - mostly I fall into a coma like sleep :lol:). Hubby doesn't mind at all and just watches TV while I'm resting, sometimes he falls asleep too.

I also very much keep out of the sun. I am very photosensitive (a little less on treatment) and am so used to hiding from the sun that it's second nature). The sun makes me feel terrible - exhausted, achy, head-achy and sometimes downright nauseous - and that's before any "joint" pains kick in later.

Katharine

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.