The Lupus Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Susan,

I have had to fill out functional capacity forms in the past. I was even sent to one of Social Security's doctors for evaluation. I have been denied 3 times, the last was at the hearing with a judge. I even took my boyfriend with to give a statement and they wouldn't take it.

I have had 3 hearts attacks, stents placed twice, triple bypass surgery, have lupus, sjogrens disease, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, pulmonary hypertension, mitral valve prolapse with regurgitation, thyroid problems, type II diabetes. My echocardiogram recently showed my heart is beating 55 - 60% and the two valves are leaking mild to moderately but they feel I am stable. With all of this, I don't see why I'm not qualified for SSDI. Should I be dead first?

My lawyer just filed another appeal and started a new claim as they feel there are times people get approved faster by starting a new one. Good luck to you but I keep hearing that it's getting harder and harder to get approved yet people with carpal tunnel get approved immediately. I don't understand.

Lori

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.