TheLupusSite.com banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, im not diagnosed with lupus, im still waiting on an appointment with a rheumy :rolleyes:

i was just wondering if any of you guys experience this:

I keep having these funny turns where first of all i start to feel very nauseous and slight pain in the abdomen, then i go very pale and lethargic, I can hardly move and i twich all over (physically jump with the twitches!), my eyes go red and sore and my legs/feet/arms and hands feel kinda numb, i feel very light headed and collapse if i dont lye down, i feel dizzy if i close my eyes and just generally feel drowsy and spaced out, its a really horrible feeling and it lasts for hours, then all of a sudden i get really hot, my face goes bright red, my legs burn (like sunburnt) and the faintness,nausea and twitches ease off, i am then left feeling very weak and tired and usually fall asleep. these funny turns occur at anytime of the day/night and are really horrible and scarey :( I can go for a week or so without out being really bad and having less intense faintness but then without obvious reason i get really bad again, Its really getting me down now i have a load of other symptoms day to day but this by far is the worst. :( I have had an MRI and EEG that were both fine.
Any ideas would be greatly appreciated :)
thanks bex x x x

·
Registered
2,404 Posts
Dear Bex,
Could this be after you have been shopping or under UV light somewhere.?

I have seizures but they are not like yours. However I can appreciate how helpless they must make you feel. Mine are greatly improved when my Lupus is controlled. I find they can be worse before a period, when I am coming down with something, or when I have to stay very still during any medical or dental procedure.
X Lola

·
Registered
594 Posts
Hi Bex,
I do get funny turns but not quite like you.
I go pale and my pain gets bad and u feel out of breath but i do tend to recover quicker than you have described, i alos don't get jurking or anything like that.
I also get the funny sort of heat thing on my skin that you have descibed.
I get this on the inside of my thighs sometimes and around my hips too and sometimes around my buttocks, its very strange, i don't get the heat when i have the funny turns though.

Hope you find an answer to this!

Good Luck

Cassie :)

·
Registered
4,583 Posts
:eek:Hi Bex;, golly gee wiz, and holy cow, you really sound
scary!!!!
I just said that to try to put a smile on your face, I hoped it worked,cause if we can't laugh, then we will cry. What
you are going thru most deffinately sounds like it needs
immediate attention. It sounded like you don't have a
Rheumy, do you have a GP? If so, tell him, but you do need help, and you need it now. Let us know how you do.
We are here to help in any way we can.:wink2:

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
HI thankyou for your replys :)
haha halfpintfl, it worked you made me smile - thank-you
Lola - i havent noticed that they are worse after UV/Sunlight, however saying that i do hate those lights in big department stores (B&Q etc) thay make me feel v.dizzy and disorientated :( I do notice that they are worse 1-2 weeks before my periods like you and also if i have to stay still for a long time (dentist).
They are horrible and ive been really suffering the last few days again with them :( Its horrible i feel like im dying! but such a relief when they finally wear off and im able to function again.
I had my appointment through today for the london lupus centre in July, so fingers crossed they maybe able to shed some light on whats going on.
Cad - i hope you also find out whats going on with you and start to feel better soon,
Thanks again for your replies, really greatful :)
Cheers bex x x x

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
oooo forgot to say, weirdly, i havent had any of these funny turns so far today, but i have a pain in my back (left side) thats a dull ache and throbbing, i find that when i get this back pain i start to feel ever so slightly better but really really thirsty! gosh im so confused! thanks again x x x

1 - 6 of 6 Posts