TheLupusSite.com banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious if anyone has experiences with gallstones or liver?

I am having a gallbladder sono on Friday because I have been experiencing the following symptoms:

* "attacks" with gas, bloating and pain under my right breast near rib cage, pain and a weird tingling sensation that continues after the pain has gone and lasts most of the day..almost feels like pins and needles

* yellow, loose floaty stool which shortly afterwards the pain is relieved.

These usually occur about 1-2 hours after eating and sometimes can last for 3 hours at a time. They seem worse after I eat yogurt or drink milk, but have never had a dairy problem in the past.

I had similar troubles with my previous pregnancy and the results were inconclusive...however these attacks are coming more frequent and intense as the days go by.

As I'm sure the sono will tell the tale, just curious about anyone's experiences. Thanks!

Sharon

·
Registered
468 Posts
In my late twenties I had a gall bladder attack, the pain was sharp and sent me to the floor rolling around in agony, the next day I was at the doctors and tests showed gallstones, I had my gallbladder removed, had a little complication or would have been home the same day. The pain was so sharp it didn't really sound like the symptoms you are experiencing but things could be different for different people.
Hope you feel better soon!

·
Registered
4,444 Posts
I've had gallbladder problems, my symptoms were a much more intense pain that what you describe but in the same general area. So bad, I went to the ER where I was given pain medication and a CT scan because I thought it was another kidney stone. The next day I had the ultrasound scan which showed a gallbladder with a large shadow (& I had a gallbladder filled with "gravel" the surgeon told me after it was removed).

I didn't quite have the same symptoms as you, but I think that you absolutely need the scan because a lot of what you write about fits pretty well with gallbladder problems.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts