The Lupus Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings from a new member trying to navigate around this site like a new driver in fast lanes on a freeway.
I somehow got into Lupus Blogland while looking for gastroparesis blogs. I think this happened because there are some mysterious symptom and medication similarities or connections.

I guess this is how I introduce myself.

Thank you and hope for some relevant responses if that is a possiblility.

Sharing a thought ..... I think STRESS has alot to do with most of this stuff. I went through three days of physical testing at Mayo Clinic and at the end of it all the overseeing doctor just kind of indicated in a resigned way that the main cause is probably stress. This was about 15 years ago. I am in my 50s now and well, gee whiz, just have a feeling not much has changed.

·
Registered
8,577 Posts
Hi Mysterystress,

Welcome to the Lupus Site. We used to have blogs as part of the site but they were discontinued awhile ago. Do you think it is possible you have lupus? There is a post pinned at the top of the Not Yet Diagnosed Forum that lists lupus criteria and symptoms. You might want to read that over and see if you have anything that is listed. If you don't have joint pain and you don't have skin lupus then it is unlikely that you have lupus. Of course joint pain is a general symptom that occurs in many diseases and syndromes.

I do have gastroparesis but mine is related to Scleroderma and not lupus. It is rare to have gastroparesis with lupus but it does happen. Gastroparesis can also be caused by pain medications and probably other drugs as well.

Take care,
Karen

1 - 2 of 2 Posts