The Lupus Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am just wondering if they are those of you who seem to have a bad month or two and then it is better, but only to have a bad time again????
Does that make sense? I am not on any med for it because I was put on Reglan then ended up in the hosp a week later with seizures, so they took me off it. I don't see my GI until July2 and I am burnt out with this.
Thanks ahead for any input:)

Hugs,
Becca

·
Registered
7,800 Posts
Hi there,

My gastroparesis is pretty mild compared to some but yes it does come and go. Mine is directly linked with disease activity. The worse I feel, the worse that is too, probably linked to my muscles being even worse than usual at that time?

Katharine

·
Registered
8,577 Posts
Becca,

My gastroparesis comes and goes also. I am curious did your gastroparesis show up on an endoscopy? Mine didn't but was dx'd as a result of my responsiveness to Reglan. However I couldn't keep taking it either, in my case it caused insomnia. I get Domperidone from Canada and it works great. My rheumy thinks its possible that mine comes from Dysautonomia and not my scleroderma.

Take care,
Karen

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Katherine, that makes sense. I really am feeling icky from my head to my toes. I just didn't know if it was a constant disease or not seeing how this is new to me. I hope you are feeling well and the job is great.:)

Karen, I had a upper GI series and that gastric emptying test(the test usually is over at 2 hours if normal, mine lasted 4 hours, so not normal according to tech). Won't get the results until I see the GI in July, but he suspected Gastro from the beginning and I too had a good response from Reglan(too good had a hearty appetite and the tummy calmed down so I ate more:rolleyes:), but was short lived, however my neuro put me back on it since it helps with migraines too. Praying I can stay on it-if not I will ask about the drug you mentioned. Why do you have to get from Canada? Is it not FDA approved? You are in my thoughts and prayers and I hope you are feeling much better.:love2:

Thank you so much for your replies and would love any further advice:wink2:

Becca:p

·
Registered
7,800 Posts
Becca, I also use domperidone for my gastroparesis problems when I need to. It's called "motillium" here and is available OTC but I believe it is not available in the States for some strange reason. Dad has been prescribed it in Ireland too for nausea. It's certainly worth looking into as it works great for me anyway...

·
Registered
467 Posts
oh what fun

hey becca,

haven't been around lately so i was looking a found you asking about gastroparesis.
i was diagnosed in the hospital, i had been throwing up for 2 weeks which took me the hopital and was there a month. mine was found during the stomach empting test, which proved that my stomach does not empty. the regular meds given didn't work for me so my doc put me on elixer of eyrthromicin and it helps. i take three time a day, one before each meal and at bedtime. mine is always around. they also told me that since i have neuropothies going on that its probably not helping my gastroparesis. i don't eat that much, what i do eat is lite, i'm 5'4" and weigh about 100lbs and have NO BUTT..:eek:...i drink alot of boost to get my nurtirents...most of the time a queazy and have bouts of constipation ... sorry to much info.

hope you can get some answers and relief soon

oxxo

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well I had my gastro appt. today and I do have gastroparesis per the test.
The nuclear stomach empying test showed that my tummy does not empty out my food correctly.
Anyway he gave me a website to get the mottilium from, so lets hope this does the trick or the next will be biopsies.:(

Thank you for all your great advice!!!

You all are so great!!!!!!

Love,
Becca

·
Registered
15,684 Posts
Hi Becca,

I hope you have success from the mottilium! It's good that he is on the same page as some here who have found it helpful through their own experiences. Let's hope it does help and this all becomes a thing of the past for you :hug:

love
Lily

·
Registered
86 Posts
gastro

I also have gastroparisis and I've been taking 10mg of reglan three times a day for a year and its made such a huge difference I dodnt throw up any more after I eat something. I know someone else who just had a very bad experience with it also, I guess Its just the luck of the draw as to who can take it and who cant...Good Luck.........Melissa

1 - 9 of 9 Posts