The Lupus Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
893 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have problems with groin area and pain. I have had a recent cervical smear which was abnormal but Im told that would not be the cause of pain.

I do not have a bacterial infection at the moment.

Im also getting painful shoulders . The pain travels along the muscle area. My shoulder joints click and crunch and hurt also. Im twitching a lot in various places.,(fisticulations?), my right thumb kept jerking outwards last night in bed
My top lip felt a very slightly numb or tingly but has gone now.
I tried deep heat spray over my shoulders, back and neck and came out in a bright red rash.

Im waiting the results of a 24 hour urine sample for proteinurea although I do not necessarily think there is a connection to anything above.

Im generally not feeling great at the moment but Im used to this co ming and going of feeling exhausted and buggy at different times and levels.

Im getting very dull kind of headaches also.

My face is more spotty than usual so Im guessing Im going through a 'lupus phase' of some sorts. It just feels like a shift in symptoms.

Any feedback greatly appreciated.

Nicky:)

·
Registered
4,444 Posts
I'm guessing they've ruled out a UTI when you say you don't have a bacterial infection at the moment? Some are asymptomatic in terms of the burning pain - but give you that general crappy feeling and potentially some pelvic area pain. Have they checked for swollen lymph nodes in the groin or is the pain not located there?

I hope your tests come out OK in the near future. Especially future paps and that 24 hour protein. Take care...

·
Registered
893 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Maia

The UTI tests lately have come back negative.

Not sure where my groin lymph nodes are. The pain is along the front leg knicker line ( on a standard pair!) and symetrically north east and north west of my pubic bone, or thereabouts. No burning just sharp pain and dull ache.
It comes and goes.

Im going to keep dropping into the Dr Surgery for another urine test as Im not convinced its not a UTI. Also get a thryoid test again.

Thanks Nicky

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
Nicky,

After reading your symptoms, my first guess would have been UTI or a kidney infection. Since those as well as a bacterial infection have come back negative, I wonder if there are several things going on at once. I wonder if you cannot determine the illness, then maybe they should break down the problems.

Just a few thoughts to follow......Have they taken a chest xray to make sure that you do not have something going on there? That could account for some things. What about doing an ANA.......that would at least show if something is going on that shouldn't. what about a viral infection going on? It m ight not hurt if you have a basic metabolic panel ran to check the various levels such as potassium, calcium, etc.

Good luck in finding what is making you so miserable.
Nancy

·
Registered
201 Posts
Nicki, groin pain can indicate a hip problem or back problem, I think at the L4, ( lumbar disc 4 or maybe it is 5 sorry, tired)

I have this and it is much worse around my period. I have back problems and the extra pressure at that time makes it worse. Just had hip x rays to check mine..Im having weakness in my left leg now too so they area checking out everything. Good luck in finding your problem, Lisa

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.