The Lupus Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi....

I have been a Stay at home mom for the last 10 yrs and was DXed with Lupus 5 years ago. Thankfully I do OK. No internal organ problems, and the pain is manageable, mostly just achy.

Anyhow, we are in some need of extra money, so I applied for a job at my sons school. I would be outside for 2 hours a day.

I plan on wearing a big hat, sunscreen etc.

I have a question. If the sun does not affect me that I am aware of, is this still dangerous?

Any other tips for being outside? Thanks

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
Hi

The best advice is probably to cover up and you've already pointed out that's exactly what you intend to do.

I am in a similar position in that i have no organ involvement, and my skin problems are minimal. i had no problems going outside in the sun (though i don't really like it much anyway) until 2 years ago. i do get very tired and start to ache if i am outside for too long.

I work outside for up to 5 hours on odd days in all weather parts of the year. (when i am well enough). I wear long sleeves, trousers and a hat. Sometimes i get very flushed cheeks however, so need to work out how to keep the weather off my face better (I forget to put sun cream on when it is winter / spring and this is a mistake).

So i would say give it a go, but make sure you do put sun cream on your face - what ever the weather - and enjoy your new found bit of freedom.

good luck - i really hope it works out for you.

:love:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts